Red Bull Air Race

benb172

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Benb172
Anybody know when the red bull air race is broadcasted next? I was looking around online and could not find it.

Canceled, kaput. Should be able to find old ones online.

That's too bad. Great event, but must have been very expensive to put on.

That's too bad. Great event, but must have been very expensive to put on.

I think it got canned because it was popular and someone was going to die in front of the camera. Redbull Airforce loses guys all the time but not in front of cities.

I guess that explains why you don't see Reno on TV.

That's a shame I loved watching it.
IMHO more entertaining than reno.

Very true. Millions of spectators.

YES!
A few years ago, I was fortunate enough to be one of them. I attended the race at Liberty State Park! It was spectacular. I video taped it including me congratulating the winner (Paul Bonhomme) as he autographed my program:)

Too bad they canned it. :(

Another cool thing I recorded was the Red Bull helicopter doing aerobatics!

Last edited:
You don't see Reno on TV because I don't think anyone really gives a rat's ass-teroid.

Agreed, went there and it was great being so close as a pilot but, they have to be so conservative in their air racing just to survive, it just isn't that exciting to watch on TV compared to F-1 or such, where error is somewhat more forgiving.

Reno is a lot like NASCAR oval racing - there is a hell of a lot going on that you don't see. When there, and with a team, knowing all the inside scoop makes it much more interesting. Red Bull racing was just damn exciting and amazing display of stick and rudder skills. Love them both!!

Another cool thing I recorded was the Red Bull helicopter doing aerobatics!

Yeah, That was not cancelled, he still does that independently (with Redbull) at airshows.

Hold on now! Red Bull Air Race is in fact making a return for 2014!

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

I know the website is being updated right now but they had a news release about it's return for the 2014 season.

There was also a press release on facebook about it, but the link is back to this very site. Keep an eye on it. I've been waiting years for this return of such an awesome sporting event!

Back