Red Bull Air Race World Series

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Hey Guys,

The Red Bull Air Race World Series just started 1 minute ago and the webcast is currently being streamed on their website.

The races are taking place in San Francisco, CA :)

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

You will need to view the webcast(s) in Internet Explorer...so all of you firefoxers out there like me, sorry! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jason;

Thanks for the info. I will try it. I hope with dial up I can get some of it.

Thank you

John

Thanks, watched a few flights... video coverage is outstanding but, gotta go fly now !

definitely not a dialup connection.... two side by side streaming videos....
Good grief... how do you fly that low and fast?!?!

Congratulations to Mike Mangold, a native Californian and winner of the 2005 Red Bull Air Race World Series!!!

Impressive flying Mike!! Today's series will continually be re-broadcasted October 10-14 at the link provided in the original post.

This was some impressive stuff to watch...I'm just glad I'm not flyin' those scare machines.

They were good air-races but would be more interesting side by side...

What happens if they take out a pylon and a sheet of that fabric wraps around the cockpit? Go on the dials?!

Let'sgoflying! said:
What happens if they take out a pylon and a sheet of that fabric wraps around the cockpit? Go on the dials?!

Ahhh, the risks of Air Racing/es! B)

I'll leave it to the pros, hopefully they miss em, otherwise I dunno what'd happen 'till I saw it happen.

Those guys got some guts,

It's impressive to watch.

The live feed was very, very cool. And the race was much more reasonable than what these guys were doing at Reno. The "touch and go" at Reno was really too much. I've said from the beginning that the races were a problem, and that they would only end when someone was killed. But what I saw on the feed wasn't too far over the top. The pilots involved could handle the course without an unmanageable amount of risk. Good for Red Bull for toning it down from last year.

gibbons said:
The live feed was very, very cool. And the race was much more reasonable than what these guys were doing at Reno. The "touch and go" at Reno was really too much. I've said from the beginning that the races were a problem, and that they would only end when someone was killed. But what I saw on the feed wasn't too far over the top. The pilots involved could handle the course without an unmanageable amount of risk. Good for Red Bull for toning it down from last year.

What was the "touch & go" like/about, for those of us that haven't seen it ?

Dave Krall CFII said:
What was the "touch & go" like/about, for those of us that haven't seen it ?
There was a Red Bull logo on the runway. The pilot had to pull up from the previous gate, execute some maneuver like a vertical roll or something that escapes me at the moment, then touch down on the chalk logo and head for the next gate. Lose points for missing the chalk. The pilots ended up slamming down onto the runway at high rates of speed. One pushed a tailwheel into the rudder in one race and another dragged a wingtip.

Let'sgoflying! said:
The airplanes are fitted with cutting devices. They actually tested this by ramming into a few, both to make sure the cutters worked and to figure out how to inflate another one under race conditions in a minimum of time.

Back