Red Bull Air Race series

FormerHangie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
The Red Bull Air race series is back in action this year. It probably should be called a time attack, since the runs are one airplane at a time against the clock. The Malaysia round was on Fox Sports this evening, and I hadn't seen it in a while. I thought it was very entertaining, lots of very precise flying, high gs, knife edge flight, and a half loop, roll out, and dive to turn around.

It's worth finding on your TV schedule.

Tuned in and enjoying it!

I was lucky enough to see their last race in the states before the hiatus. June 2010 Liberty State Park over the Hudson River! What a blast to see that live. Took some awesome video.

I thought it was very entertaining, lots of very precise flying, high gs, knife edge flight, and a half loop, roll out, and dive to turn around.

Yeah I'm very happy that they are back too, however I'm not a big fan of the new changes. Mainly there are no more knife edge gates, engines are now limited to 300hp, and forces are now limited to 10Gs. It is good though that they raised the gates.

Yeah I'm very happy that they are back too, however I'm not a big fan of the new changes. Mainly there are no more knife edge gates, engines are now limited to 300hp, and forces are now limited to 10Gs. It is good though that they raised the gates.

Yeah I was wondering what the heck happened to the knife edge gates! Seeing them take the red gates, wings level, is kinda odd:confused:

I'm so glad I got them before the changes were made.

Last edited:
Looking forward to their US visit in Texas (summer) and Las Vegas (October). They want to use the NASCAR speedway in LAS. Not sure if they have that waiver approved yet and have not confirmed where they will base. Most likely VGT, but not a lot of hangars available. HND is a long way away and across the Class B.

Back