Red Board Down?

Bobby Day said:
Can anyone else not browse the Red Board?
I can't. I get a bit ill at ease after awhile.

My wife says I am a better person since. Little children no longer rush out of my way in fear.

Let'sgoflying! said:
My wife says I am a better person since. Little children no longer rush out of my way in fear.

Isn't it interesting that all the technology and information that is supposed to be soooooo good for you actually makes you crazy however when it goes kaput and there's nothing you can do about it, you relax and aren't so wound up.

Anyone good at lyrics?
"Ode To The 60Hz Hum"

Frank;

I will work on some lyrics for your title " Old to the 60Hz Hum" I think I will start with "Best Laid Plans of..........."

Best

John

John J said:
I will work on some lyrics for your title " Old to the 60Hz Hum" I think I will start with "Best Laid Plans of..........."

After reading your stories John, I think you'd understand where I'm coming from better than most.

Maybe I'm weird or something but I can shut everything off and still sense the 60Hz hum in the wiring. I actually have to throw the circuit breakers to get it to stop.

I think I know what the red board refers to, but could someone let me know for sure? Thanks.

Dustin said:
I think I know what the red board refers to, but could someone let me know for sure? Thanks.
The AOPA aviation boards. They're red where this board is blue.

fgcason said:
After reading your stories John, I think you'd understand where I'm coming from better than most.

Maybe I'm weird or something but I can shut everything off and still sense the 60Hz hum in the wiring. I actually have to throw the circuit breakers to get it to stop.
Man, I thought I was the only one. Thought it was inside my head 'til one day I got the bright idea of throwing the main.

OTOH, you have any metal in your head, Frank?

Richard said:
Man, I thought I was the only one. Thought it was inside my head 'til one day I got the bright idea of throwing the main.

There are few of us out here that do that. Not many, but a few. Good wiring and connections help but that doesn't stop it. I must disable the antenna, um, wiring, before it'll shut up.

wawwawwawwawwawwawwawwawwaw. It drives me flipping nuts especially in a quiet setting or after returning from a backpacking trip. I can't wait to build my cabin with extremely minimal wiring.

Richard said:
OTOH, you have any metal in your head, Frank?

Nope. Unlike the rest of humanity, I am NOT a cylon. I have a theory that a substantial portion of the aggression, hatred and tension in this society is because of that hum that they're constantly plugged into even if they don't realize it's there. I have another theory that states I will be the last one left when all the technology finally goes BZZZZT POP and electrocutes everyone.

FWIW, I've been able to sense the hum since I was a little kid. I often shut the breakers off for a couple days at a time and use candle light.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I guess the hum got to me again. Time to go throw all the circuit breakers again right n

Hal won't let me unplug him!

No Dave....Dave, have you though about what you're doing!!

Gotta get outta here!!

fgcason said:

Frank
Interesting my dad told me some wonderful stories about early radio how to make radio attennas from common 120V house wire. Yes he made the part of the house an attenna for FM reception in the early 1950s using various lengths of wire. All the neighbors were amazed at the number of FM stations that came in. I built a crystal set at 10 and wow I did learn lots about harmonics and wave length.

John

Last edited:
Back