Record pitching duel

Ah yes, my Rangers- they coulda spread this out a little, maybe been competitive?

How the hell do you score 30 runs in one game? Amazing!

Also amazing: Every person listed in the box score for the Rangers had at least a run.

holy crap, its like little league or something. i feel bad for the orioles they must really suck to let the rangers score 30

Highest scoring game in MLB history since the late 1800s. The catcher game into the game with a .162 BA, ended it in the .230 range, if I remember correctly (too lazy to look it up). I can't imagine what that's going to do to the O's bullpen ERA.

Ah yes, my Rangers- they coulda spread this out a little, maybe been competitive?

Ah, yes, the Rangers. A team stolen from Washington by Dallas in the early 1970's.... :rolleyes: ;)

holy crap, its like little league or something. i feel bad for the orioles they must really suck to let the rangers score 30
Except little league has mercy rules in place. In Babe Ruth, 10 run lead after the 4th inning and the game's over, 10 run lead before that and you can only send 5 batters to the plate. Winning by mercy rule is a LOT of fun!! We had one game we actually won by 13 due to a grand slam with a 9 run lead.

Ah, yes, the Rangers. A team stolen from Washington by Dallas in the early 1970's.... :rolleyes: ;)

...yeah, they arrived needing pitching, and it has never changed.

We had four prime season tickets for several years here at the firm, generally had a hard time giving 'em away. Ditched 'em.

Ever since Tom Hicks bought the team, they have been trying to "liven up" the experience, loud rock music between play, that sort of crap. As un-baseball as you can get. All they gotta do to liven it up, is win.

The funny thing is, the Rangers suck just as bad as the Orioles do. The O's bullpen has been catastrophic all year, but these big number games generally happen because once you're out of it, you just leave your relievers in there to hang, as there's no point wasting another pitcher from the bullpen on a losing effort, particularly on game 1 of a doubleheader.

I was at the game. Towards the end, the Baltimore crowd was cheering for the Rangers, I think we just wanted to break the record. If I'm coming out to the stadium, I'll take a 30-3 loss to Texas over a 6-3 loss to the Yankees, any day.
-harry

yea i was thinking about that Ken. i bet the guys on the O's were wishing for a run rule. winning by mercy is fun, if you are on the winning team.

yea i was thinking about that Ken. i bet the guys on the O's were wishing for a run rule. winning by mercy is fun, if you are on the winning team.
But when you get mercy ruled in the championship game, as we did last season after slaughtering everyone else in the playoffs, it sucks big time.

...yeah, they arrived needing pitching, and it has never changed.

We had four prime season tickets for several years here at the firm, generally had a hard time giving 'em away. Ditched 'em.

Ever since Tom Hicks bought the team, they have been trying to "liven up" the experience, loud rock music between play, that sort of crap. As un-baseball as you can get. All they gotta do to liven it up, is win.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed the couple of games I've been to at Tejas Stadium over the last few years. Even though the LAstros stink outloud, I prefer to see games in Houston. Actually, Camden Yards is a great baseball experience, only trouble is they need a team to match.....

Nothing but nothing, though, beats Fenway or (choke) Yankee Stadium for the "true" baseball experience.....

Highest scoring game in MLB history since the late 1800s.

I would have preferred they break the streak for being the oldest franchise in the 4 major pro sports to never win a championship..AND being the oldest MLB franchise that has yet to appear in a World Series. It's embarrassing! :yes:

Back