• ¼ tsp. chili powder
  • Pinch of cumin
  • Juice of two limes
  • 2 (10”) soft tortilla wraps
  • ½ avocado, sliced
  • Salt to taste
  • Canola oil for frying
Directions:

1. In a pan over medium high heat, sauté the garlic in olive oil until golden and aromatic.
  2. Stir in the crab and continue to cook it for about one minute before stirring in the cream cheese.
  3. Stir until smooth.
  4. Stir in the cumin and chili powder.
  5. Place the soft tortillas on a clean dry surface and place the trout filets on the tortillas toward the bottom half.
  6. Top the trout filets with the crab cream cheese and avocado.
  7. Squirt the lime juice over the fish.
  8. Season with a little salt.
  9. Fold the trout into the tortilla by first tucking in the sides and then rolling the trout into the tortilla shell like a blanket or burrito.
  10. When the trout is secure heat enough Canola oil in the bottom of a large sauté pan to coat the pan.
  11. Place the trout, seam side down in pan. Sear on both sides until golden brown.
  12. Remove the trout from the pan and place it on a baking dish. Finish it in a preheated 350۫ for 12 minutes until cooked through.
  13. Serve the trout over the sauce.
Cilantro Infused Tomato Juice

• 1½ cups Port wine ¼ cup brown stock
  • 1 stick butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Over high heat, reduce the port by ½
  • Add brown stock and reduce again by ½ .
  • Pull off the heat and with a wire whisk, beat in the whole butter piece by piece
  • Salt and pepper to taste

1. Place the above ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
  2. Reduce by half then season with salt and pepper.
:drink:

oh man, oh man, oh man ... I'm drooling all over my keyboard now ... that is a nasty dirty trick to post that shortly after I finished my lunch of an oh so boring subway sandwich...

Back