Recent activity

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Here are some recent ferry flights which dropped in.

1-This young man purchased this J-4 in OR and is flying it back to KS. He wants to build TW time for a job in AK when he's ready. Counting the training the seller provided, the new owner had 11 hours tailwheel when he stopped in.

2-Brand new. I forget where he was delivering it to. He said he has another ready when he finishes this flight. Last week he dropped in with a different plane.

3-He was on his way to COS to deliver it to it's owner. His was a quick turn late in the day...fuel and file, and gone. He had alot on his mind what with the weather that day.

Attachments

• Airplanes 178.jpg
    Airplanes 178.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • Airplanes 207.jpg
    Airplanes 207.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
  • Airplanes 189.jpg
    Airplanes 189.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Re: the J-4 Cub Coupe.

He had wanted to make a quick turn but I found a good sized crack on one of the cylinder shrouds. I got a couple A&Ps to inspect. They said it would take a few hours to rivet a patch. It was late in the day on Sunday so he spent the night and left early morning. It was also found that most of the drain holes in the wings were blocked. And the left brake needed some adjusting. The new owner was getting an earful of "Welcome to ownership" of which he was much appreciative.

Attachments

• Airplanes 182.jpg
    Airplanes 182.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Airplanes 185.jpg
    Airplanes 185.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Re: the J-4 Cub Coupe.

He had wanted to make a quick turn but I found a good sized crack on one of the cylinder shrouds. I got a couple A&Ps to inspect. They said it would take a few hours to rivet a patch. It was late in the day on Sunday so he spent the night and left early morning. It was also found that most of the drain holes in the wings were blocked. And the left brake needed some adjusting. The new owner was getting an earful of "Welcome to ownership" of which he was much appreciative.

Good thing he ran into you guys... that's an airplane that should be flown often, but treated reverently. All 3 planes are drool-worthy, but I'd take that Coupe over the other two any day (unless I won the lottery; then I'd take all three). :D

Back