Recent activity count

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
I've had this happen a number of times. The "Recent Activity" count on the home page will show one or two or three posts, but when I click on "Recent Activity" I get a no matches message. Am I missing posts? this would make me terribly sad.

Joe Williams said:
I've had this happen a number of times. The "Recent Activity" count on the home page will show one or two or three posts, but when I click on "Recent Activity" I get a no matches message. Am I missing posts? this would make me terribly sad.
Are you waiting more than 15 minutes between seeing the home page and hitting Recent Activity? There's a timer associated with it. Not sure if it's 15 or 10 minutes, though.

But when you hit "New Posts" you get all the new posts across all the forums, right? Can you get just new posts in 1 forum at a time, then mark that forum read? Actually, though, I don't usually pay attention to what post is in what forum - I just read whatever looks interesting...

Bill

BillG said:
But when you hit "New Posts" you get all the new posts across all the forums, right?
Yes, unless you manually remove 1 or more forums from the New Post scan. That reminds me, I have some template tweaking to do to make that easier.

Can you get just new posts in 1 forum at a time, then mark that forum read?
You can click New Posts, review the list, and then in the right hand column, mark an individual forum as read. You will then be taken back to "New Posts" but the threads from the forum you just flagged will not be gone until that forum gets more activity.

I don't have enough "new posts" to see right now, but are they organized by forum to make it easier to read just one forum at a time?

The New Posts list is sorted by Forum and then by last post date, yes.

Back