Rebel's Bluff near Mt. Vernon, MO on Oct. 10th

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Who all is going? Jim, Marc, Mike, Dean?

Here is some info for those who aren't aware of the fly-in:

~ DON'T MISS OUT ~
Fourth Annual MPA Picnic
and
Board of Directors Meeting
October 10, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Everyone is Welcome at the Fourth Annual All MPA Picnic at Rebel's Bluff Airstrip
Bar-B-Que Lunch with all the trimmins' is provided for a $7.00 contribution. Bring dessert if you must, but be sure you come and enjoy the best attended MPA event of the year.

Rebel's Bluff is a picturesque grass airstrip located 2 miles NNE of Mount Vernon International Airport (2MO), and two and one-half miles west of the city of Mount Vernon, Missouri. AvGas 100LL is available at the Bluff.

Lat/longs are N37 06.1 and W93 52.2. Runway 14 has "right traffic" (away from the Bluff), and RW 32 uses "left traffic". The airstrip is 2,200 feet long by 75 feet wide, and is very smooth. Use 122.9 for UNICOM, and avoid ski-diving operations centered about 2 .5 miles southwest.

If you cannot land on grass, you can prearrange by telephone (417-425-3595), transportation from 2MO which has 3050' of very good asphalt. No tiedown or fuel is available at Mount Vernon Airport.

Please drive-in if you cannot fly-in. Go to Exit 46 on Interstate 44. Turn north (right going west, or left going east) at the top of the exit. Proceed 1.4 miles (through both stop lights), and turn right on Missouri Highway 39. The sign says "to Miller." Go ONLY 1/4 mile, and turn left on Highway "V" (Victor). Go west on "V" for 2.4 miles and look for signs and Rebel's Bluff Airstrip on your left.

Saving the best for last Mount Vernon's Famous "APPLEBUTTER MAKIN' DAYS" Craft Fair Celebration starts on Friday, Oct. 9, and runs until Sunday, Oct. 11.

This event is hosted by Springfield Chapter MPA.
RSVP at 417-425-3595.

........................................................................................................

For those of you who made it to my birthday party fly-in, the airstrip Rebel's Bluff is owned by Les Featherston, the gentleman who flew into our farm in the pretty green and white Champ.

Tom can't make it, but I'm planning on going...don't know who is flying in with me yet. Kim and Phil may fly down in the Bird Dog. Jeanne is planning to fly down from K.C. Anyone else going?

Man, how come things always have to stack up on one weekend? I've already planned a trip to HRO for their FAAST/WINGS/Fly-in.

Maybe I can do both? Hmmm. We'll see.

I really need to join MPA.

Just making sure everyone knows the BBQ got moved to this weekend the 17th. Got so much rain last Thursday that the field was flooded. Same start time as before.

Just making sure everyone knows the BBQ got moved to this weekend the 17th. Got so much rain last Thursday that the field was flooded. Same start time as before.
Thanks, Mitchell. :) We may try to go down if it isn't too wet to get out of here and too wet down there. Are you planning on flying down?

I still need to pick up my parachutes from Fiesty at Mt. Vernon before the 24th.

Hopefully all the rain scheduled for this week wont screw it up again.
Yea, it's raining here now and more forecast for the next few days. It's been gray and dreary for days...it will be nice to get to see the sun again sometime.

Thanks, Mitchell. :) We may try to go down if it isn't too wet to get out of here and too wet down there. Are you planning on flying down?

I still need to pick up my parachutes from Fiesty at Mt. Vernon before the 24th.

Yea, it's raining here now and more forecast for the next few days. It's been gray and dreary for days...it will be nice to get to see the sun again sometime.

If it's on I'm gonna try and fly down. I'm gonna try and fly 1 or 2 Young Eagles Flighs up in Lee's Summit then head down. Hey, maybe if I'm lucky the field will still be a little too wet and it'll get moved to Sunday and I can just make it a stop on my way down to Petit Jean.

I drive through there every Friday, so let me know if I can be of assistance.
Thanks, Dean. :) I'm legal to fly now...just need a VFR day and hopefully the ditch to the runway doesn't fill up again.

If it's on I'm gonna try and fly down. I'm gonna try and fly 1 or 2 Young Eagles Flighs up in Lee's Summit then head down. Hey, maybe if I'm lucky the field will still be a little too wet and it'll get moved to Sunday and I can just make it a stop on my way down to Petit Jean.
I wondered if you were going to go down and back home and then down again the next day. :)

Do you know Jeanné, a CFI at Lees Summit?

Thanks, Dean. :) I'm legal to fly now...just need a VFR day and hopefully the ditch to the runway doesn't fill up again.

I wondered if you were going to go down and back home and then down again the next day. :)

Do you know Jeanné, a CFI at Lees Summit?

Yes, I'm in the KC chapter of MO Pilots with Jeanne. If I'm able to come down I'm gonna pick her up at Mt. Vernon. We'll see. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it. The plane I have reserved for saturday's Young Eagles flights is for local only and the other plane I could take is being used.

Just talked with Les. He would appreciate an RSVP from anyone else who is going down for the meal this Saturday. He said the runway is in great shape. We'll be flying in sometime in the late morning, depending on when Tom's student gets going on his cross country.

Just put it up on the red board- A/C didn't make it out of annual, it failed the post annual flight today just before dusk. Sigh.

The forecast has improved for tomorrow, so it should be a nice day, albeit cool. The trees are lovely here now, so it should be a pretty day to fly. :)

Marc Popejoy posted elsewhere that he's going, too. :)

Just put it up on the red board- A/C didn't make it out of annual, it failed the post annual flight today just before dusk. Sigh.
I'm sorry to hear that, Bruce. Did they get any of the problems fixed yet?

The forecast has improved for tomorrow, so it should be a nice day, albeit cool. The trees are lovely here now, so it should be a pretty day to fly. :)

Marc Popejoy posted elsewhere that he's going, too. :)

I'm sorry to hear that, Bruce. Did they get any of the problems fixed yet?
The left pilot Master Cyl needs massive bleeding (had the linings changed) and the left Pressure pump quit on the approval flight, it's ordered......no birdie for this boy this weekend.

Hopefully all the rain scheduled for this week wont screw it up again.

We flew down in spite of the rain. :D

It was a nice fly-in. Several neat airplanes. GREAT people. GREAT food. We had no idea there is a good restaurant in Lockwood now.

Here is a photo that Tom took today. :)

Attachments

• Dean at Rebel's Bluff (1077 x 808).jpg
    Dean at Rebel's Bluff (1077 x 808).jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 12
BTW, I hear that the property is up for sale now, including the home on the bluff and the airfield.

BTW, I hear that the property is up for sale now, including the home on the bluff and the airfield.
There was a flier on the table with all the info and price.
4700 sgft house on 14 ac with 2200' lighted strip and hangar. $799,000.00

There was a flier on the table with all the info and price.
4700 sgft house on 14 ac with 2200' lighted strip and hangar. $799,000.00
I guess I didn't see that...Tom just mentioned it to me. He has a nice hangar. :yes: A person could live in that hangar...even with the creek water. I had dinner at his house on the bluff once...lovely view up there. I wonder how many acres total including the runway?

I guess I didn't see that...Tom just mentioned it to me. He has a nice hangar. :yes: A person could live in that hangar...even with the creek water. I had dinner at his house on the bluff once...lovely view up there. I wonder how many acres total including the runway?

14 ac +/- is what was listed.

marc

Back