Real or Fake - Stunt plane lands w/ only one wing:

Re: Amazing Video............

Can't be real. Look closely at the rudder position just before touchdown. With hard right rudder he should have gone nose first into the ground.

Its a real plane until it goes up, it disappears from camera for a second, and the video becomes an RC airplane video.

I kinda figured it was edited. The landing was really weird, but I have to tell you when I first saw the video it almost made me sick! To loose a wing! YIKES!

As they say, land the biggest piece left...

dunno if it was RC or computer generated, but fake, nevertheless. :)

There is also a video interviewing the (alleged) pilot! I don't want to post it due to a few f-bombs thrown in.

Last edited:
Re: Good or Lucky?

Booooogus! But the supposed pilot's web site is pretty funny... http://www.jamesandersson.com/

Personally i find his "Bio" absolutely hillarious
Inspired by a friend he decided to start his career as a pilot for the British military but left the Royal Air Force after a year and a half due to lack of sorties.

I'm pretty sure the entire thing was RC.

Re: You think you're a great pilot?

ha. This is at least the 3rd thread so far. That is all R/C airplane... Light with *way* more thrust then you'd have in the real world.

Also, the pilot's name doesn't show up on the Red Bull Air Race web site...

Sorry babe, its a repost. Thanks for the thought though.

Last edited:

ha. This is at least the 3rd thread so far. That is all R/C airplane... Light with *way* more thrust then you'd have in the real world.

With a robot pilot to open the canopy at the end? ;)

I know. Editing.

Oops! didn't see the other two. Thought it might catch a few off guard though. ;)

If I didn't know anything about RC airplanes and video editing I would still doubt classical laws of physics in this clip :lol:

i did not know that they even had a radio control model class ;)

Yea, I know.

But if you go to "his" web site, there is an interview where some guy talks about the "accident". And there is a lot of stuff that suggests that they have something to do with the Red Bull air races - except they have a fuel pump problem and haven't been able to race.

I still think its real until it goes vertical, then, when the camera blurs (or when the plane goes off camera), it is an RC plane.

It lands as an RC, until it turns off the taxiway, where the screen blurs and a fullsize airplane appears.

I still think its real until it goes vertical, then, when the camera blurs (or when the plane goes off camera), it is an RC plane.

It lands as an RC, until it turns off the taxiway, where the screen blurs and a fullsize airplane appears.

The RC plane actually crosses in front of the full size one.

I suspect the wing separation in controlled, too.

I suspect the RC plane doesn't have a smoke system. :lol:

He's an excellent pilot (they have more good luck than poor pilots) just an RC one here though.

I've gotten so may emails from people fooled by this it drives me nuts!I

I can see the average schmuck falling for this, but we (as pilots) should know better!

Nothing on Snopes for this one yet though.

Bah, like I'm gonna hit "SEARCH" or something...

Look - I am searching - I'm not seeing any thread titles that mention "one wing" etc... so if you know what the thread was off hand, then LINK PLEASE.

I can't tell either. The "flare" does look a little fake, but if it is real that guy did a heck of a job.

Back