Ready, Set, and Going! (Some N/A)

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

Due to several weeks of ridiculous overtime I am able to start my IFR training this Friday.(August 11)

My wonderful wife has enough money saved up so I can restart and finish my training. I have 12 hours under the hood and have been flying the simulator every night.

I AM SO EXCITED !!!!!!

Will keep all of you posted.

As a word of encouragement, I will turn 60 years old in November. The next step is my commercial, then on to a CFII. Why not?

One can sit around and grow old and remorse about the things they should have done. I should have started flying sooner but I couldn't afford it.

If you waited until you could afford it. Most stuff would never get done. So I didn't learn to fly until I was 56. Big Deal!

I applied for Warrant Officer flight school twice and was turned down because I failed the test by 1 point. I waited a year, applied again, and failed by 2 points. I was getting dumber.

Well, after a divorce, remarried, raising 3 children who were not mine, adopting 4 more, who were declared "non-redeemable" by social services, a wife who has authored 5 books, I am a published writer, have a Mech. Engineering degree, and am an avid reader. Life is what you make it, and you owe the world to be an asset to mankind and help your fellow man.

Live life to its fullest and you will be full of life. Quit sitting around griping.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do."

Glad I got carried away.

I got to go fly now.

Terry :D :yes: :D :D :D :D

Congratulations, and GO FOR IT! I'm forty, and just getting my instrument rating now. I need to call Monday to sign up for the checkride!

Terry,

Amen! What you said.

I'm lucky, I got my PPL at age 28. But, I didn't do any of the other stuff you did...

Way to go Terry! It's good to see someone with the conviction you have working on their IR.

Yee HA! :goofy: Great to hear! We have alot in common...
Well at least now, I know I'm not the only nut in the shell...
I'll turn 62, in a few months, and started my training back in the 60's.... But life got in the way.
Then, again in the 70's.... Yeah, life..... again!
Now, There's nothing to hold me back! I too am going for CFI. Will use that $$ for retirement fun!

Good luck !
Skyraider

Terry, you are going to have a great time. PLEASE post your questions and thoughts here--we nutty cloudbusters love this kind of stuff!

Hi All:

Flew Friday night and did well on all of my approaches. Had a little trouble holding 90 kts and altitude but was able to overcome most of it. Has been a year since I flew this particular 172.

Saturday was even better. Did GPS approaches and the FS2004 practice really paid off.

Sunday was okay but a lot tougher. Practiced holding patterns and at 5,000 ft had a southwest wind of 43 knots. This made my holding pattern tough.

Then coming out of holding and proceeding to VOR/DME 16 I got disoriented and totally turned around. I even flew off in the wrong direction. CFII said to set my radial that I was flying to on my VOR, set my heading to agree with my VOR, and then see which way I needed to go to intercept the radial. I did, and finally got back on my inbound course.

Well, at 4,000 feet the southwest wind went from 43 knots to westerly at 17 and gusting to 25. I was anticipating the wind and missed the 16 runway by about 2 miles.

So, it was time to end the lesson. I made a left turn and flew a right base to RWY 22 and landed nicely.

Will try and fly some this week to keep the momentum up.

This plane has a Bendix/King GPS with an auto pilot. The auto pilot is really cool but my CFII won't let me use it.(I know, I know)

Anyway, who says you can't teach an ole dog, new tricks.

Steep turns should not spiral. :hairraise:

Terry

To be is to do. (Sosthenes)

To do is to be. (Diosthenes)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)
:D :D

Back