RE FLIGHT FOLLOWING

av8tr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jurgen
Hey Folks,

My wife, Sue and I are planning a flight to Canadaigua NY this weekend. We plan to clear customer through
Buffalo, I'm used to big airports but hav never taken a
small plane through such large airport in the US. We have all the customs info and have purchased Flightguide however Im not sure who to contact for
flight following in the US once we leave Buffalo.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanx, Jurgen and Sue :wink2:

Hey Folks,

My wife, Sue and I are planning a flight to Canadaigua NY this weekend. We plan to clear customer through
Buffalo, I'm used to big airports but hav never taken a
small plane through such large airport in the US. We have all the customs info and have purchased Flightguide however Im not sure who to contact for
flight following in the US once we leave Buffalo.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanx, Jurgen and Sue :wink2:

Ask Buffalo before you leave them.

Can't give you any customs advice but KBUF is just a regular ole Class C nothing to worry about IMHO. Just talk to approach before you get there and then tower and ground I'm am sure they must handle scads of GA comming in from the Great White North! You'll do fine most important thing is to have fun!

All of the above. You will be talking to ATC when you enter the USA. They will hand you off untill you land. When you land just ask for progressive (directions) to customs from the ground controller. Before leaving buffalo for canindagua get a hold of clearence delivery on the ground at buffalo and they will guide you. DON'T be afraid to ask....

I am finishing up a 2,500 mile round trip vacation from NY to the Bahamas and back. IT'S a blast...!

Gentlemen,

Just wanted to say thnx for the help and happy flying.
We'll be on or way Saturday if the weather holds .
:wink2:

Thnx Jurgen and Sue

Once you land at BUF, pick up the AF/D - it has all the freqs you could possibly need. Also, the Detroit sectional will have the info also.

According to AirNav, BUF Departure is. Ask them for FF.

126.15(053-233) 126.5(234-052)

(sorry, what do the numbers in parens mean?)

Once you land at BUF, pick up the AF/D - it has all the freqs you could possibly need. Also, the Detroit sectional will have the info also.

According to AirNav, BUF Departure is. Ask them for FF.

126.15(053-233) 126.5(234-052)

(sorry, what do the numbers in parens mean?)

Bearing from the airport 053º-233º/234º-052º use the appropriate frequency.

Back