RDU Area - 3/10-3/15

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
I have to come down to the RDU area for work next week. If folks are interested, I'd enjoy getting together for dinner. Looks like Monday or Tuesday evening would be best for me - I'm happy to drive wherever, I'll have a rental car. Sometime after 6 or 6:30 for dinner, probably 7 would be better.

Interest/suggested venues?

Wings of Carolina's cookout is on Saturday 3/09/13 (KTTA).
Too bad you can't make it to that one.

I'm a little late for Monday but would be up for dinner on Tuesday. Anyone else interested? Always good for a little airplane talk and meeting new friends.

I'm at 8NC8 - Lake Ridge Aeropark in Durham. Dinner in RDU area, Briercreek or Durham would be great.

Turns out that two of my friends lives at 5NC5 (in Mebane). They're new pilots to the area and are interested in meeting others, but Thursday works best for them. What say y'all?

Ren, could you suggest a place to gather? RTC/Durham area might be a good central location. Thinking happy hour/dinner.

Looks also like Kelvin, Tom Sisk, and I will be getting dinner tonight around 6:45 by Southpoint (Maggainos). Anyone else is welcome.

Looks also like Kelvin, Tom Sisk, and I will be getting dinner tonight around 6:45 by Southpoint (Maggainos). Anyone else is welcome.

Damn! :(
Say Hi to Tom for me! Fond memories w him and The Lovely and Talented Frau Doctor Maria at Maggianos... :)

I can do that and will plan to be there. Since I have no idea what anyone looks like, whose name will the reservation be in?

I can do that and will plan to be there. Since I have no idea what anyone looks like, whose name will the reservation be in?

I'm not sure we'll have a reservation - but I'm about 6'2" and have a long blonde ponytail.

I'm not sure we'll have a reservation - but I'm about 6'2" and have a long blonde ponytail.
Okay, sounds doable. I'll be the shaved headed black guy wandering around looking for 3 people I don't know. It's a big place so keep your eye out.

Anyway, my day is getting complicated tomorrow. I may be flying into KCLT and if I do, I will probably continue on into the mountains for a day or 2 of fishing... 'tis the season after all. But at this point, I don't know what's happening so I'll plan to come until I know more.

Looking forward to meeting you all... I was just into 5NC5 this past weekend picking up a friend that lives there. Lot's of connections.

Bill

Ooh, if you head tomorrow you won't find anyone. Kelvin, Tom, and I got dinner tonight and had a great time!

So how about Thursday for the rest of us? Someone suggest a place - not Maggiano's. Good food, but I'd like to go somewhere else. :)

Ooh, if you head tomorrow you won't find anyone. Kelvin, Tom, and I got dinner tonight and had a great time!

So how about Thursday for the rest of us? Someone suggest a place - not Maggiano's. Good food, but I'd like to go somewhere else. :)

Are your friends from Mebane still in for Thursday? I don't know of many good places off of the top of my head for dinner in Durham - RTP. However I do know all of the good lunch spots. What I can do - is ask a co-worker tomorrow who has lived in Durham for a few years.

I could suggest several good places in Raleigh but it would be a long drive for the guys in Mebane.

As far as I know my friends in Mebane are up for Thursday. Somewhere in the RTP area would be best. Where Kelvin, Tom and I had dinner tonight had a bunch of other restaurants in the area. I'm open to suggestions.

Two suggestions in Durham;

Lilly's Pizza: Gourmet Pizza. If you have ever been to a Mellow Mushroom restaurant - it's pretty similar. Lilly's is a local restaurant that had just one location in Raleigh for at least 20 years. They just opened a second location in Durham. http://lillyspizza.com/

Tobacco Road Sports Cafe: They have one of these restaurants in Raleigh. I'd call it an upscale sports bar. The menu is a lot better than the typical ale house joint. http://www.tobaccoroadsportscafe.com/

Oh well, looks like I'm headed to Charlotte today and will end up in the mountains for the rest of the week. Sorry I missed you guys.

Oh well, looks like I'm headed to Charlotte today and will end up in the mountains for the rest of the week. Sorry I missed you guys.

Next time, then!

Ren, I'm fine with either if it works for you. It sounds like it'd just be you, me, and my two friends.

Do Tobacco Road...:D

Tobacco Road it is! :)

Had a great time at dinner last night chatting and catching up, Kelvin! Of course it would be great if you can come tomorrow, but I didn't realize how much of a drive it was for you. I didn't do a good job of trying to organize for one day.

Let's say Tobacco Road at 7 tomorrow. Anyone who wants to come is welcome to join!

Tobacco Road it is! :)

Had a great time at dinner last night chatting and catching up, Kelvin! Of course it would be great if you can come tomorrow, but I didn't realize how much of a drive it was for you. I didn't do a good job of trying to organize for one day.

Great catching up my man! I am off to Myrtle Beach today then to Tampa! Get to pull the airplane out and point it somewhere!

Great catching up my man! I am off to Myrtle Beach today then to Tampa! Get to pull the airplane out and point it somewhere!

Right! Who'd I call again? ;)

Have a fun trip! I'm sure you will!

Sure did! Just hope I can remember it! :D

I can do that, see you guys at 7.

Anything good to do at myrtle beach? I usually go to the NC beaches. I'm on the schedule for a mooney this weekend but my brother in Nashville who I was going to visit decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Maryland. I was thinking about going to myrtle beach this weekend as an alternate destination... lots of good hotel deals this time of year

Back