Ray Homes

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Didn't see anything on the board about the passing of this WWII fighter pilot. Few months ago, History or Discovery channel featured him: he saw a German bomber heading to Buckinham Palace and rammed it to prevent damage to facility. He flew a hurricane in the 504 Squadron; had run out of ammunition and rammed the bomber; slicing off its tail. Both he and the German pilot survived.

Died after a long bout with cancer. They dug up the wreckage from his plane last year and that was what was featured in the above program.

Best,

Dave
N322KS

Dave;

I did hear about him on the radio and one of the big dailies had his obituary. He was quite an interesting fellow. Amazing story about the recovery of his plane.

John j

Dave Siciliano said:
Didn't see anything on the board about the passing of this WWII fighter pilot. Few months ago, History or Discovery channel featured him: he saw a German bomber heading to Buckinham Palace and rammed it to prevent damage to facility. He flew a hurricane in the 504 Squadron; had run out of ammunition and rammed the bomber; slicing off its tail. Both he and the German pilot survived.

Died after a long bout with cancer. They dug up the wreckage from his plane last year and that was what was featured in the above program.

Best,

Dave
N322KS

"Both he and the German pilot survived. "

Well you might put it that way, but a mob of english women beat the german pilot to death hanging in his parachute harness.

I saw the program to. I like to watch Descovery/History channel.

NC19143 said:
"Both he and the German pilot survived. "

Well you might put it that way, but a mob of english women beat the german pilot to death hanging in his parachute harness.

The way God intended... HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY !

Back