Raw Data

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I'm looking for big piles of raw data that is aviation-related. Specifically:

* Data about approaches. What airport, runway, type of approach, minimums, whatever else there is available
* Data about airplane performance - The kind of stuff that Trade-a-Plane and pilotfriend.com show

And, any other big ones you know of...

I already have the Airport and runway data, aircraft registry and airmen registry from the FAA.

I might get to do something very cool that's publicly-accessible with this stuff, but I won't know for a couple of weeks. Until then, I'm gonna make cool stuff anyway. :)

Thanks!

I'm looking for big piles of raw data that is aviation-related. Specifically:

* Data about approaches. What airport, runway, type of approach, minimums, whatever else there is available
* Data about airplane performance - The kind of stuff that Trade-a-Plane and pilotfriend.com show

And, any other big ones you know of...

I already have the Airport and runway data, aircraft registry and airmen registry from the FAA.

I might get to do something very cool that's publicly-accessible with this stuff, but I won't know for a couple of weeks. Until then, I'm gonna make cool stuff anyway. :)

Thanks!

This is one of the more complete sources of aircraft performance data that I've ever run across. I can't speak for accuracy, but there is plenty of data.

http://www.1st-of-pryor.com/Aircraft_Data.xls

Maybe the folks at fltplan.com can help you out? I know they have all sorts of a/c performance data in their system, in addition, of course, to all the usual airspace/approach information.

Maybe the folks at fltplan.com can help you out? I know they have all sorts of a/c performance data in their system, in addition, of course, to all the usual airspace/approach information.

+1. They have a ton of performance info on quite a few different aircraft types.

I'll hunt it all down for you Kent. $300K, up front, cash, small bills, plus expenses. ;)

Back