gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
from a Colorado Pilots Association email today:
------------------------------------------------------
To any book collectors on the circuit:

I received this today (2008-04-16) from a cousin who lives in Kirkwood, Missouri...

As you may know, I work with Friends of the Kirkwood Public Library and one of our big fund raisers every year is a book sale. A group of hard working members sort and price about 60,000 books throughout the year.

They found a real treasure this year and that’s why I’m sending you this note. I wonder if you, as a pilot, know of anyone who collects aviation books. We have a first edition, numbered presentation copy of The Spirit of St. Louis published in 1953 and signed by Charles Lindbergh. It is in essentially pristine condition, including the original heavy mylar wrapper. I’ve learned that this edition was limited to 1,000 copies and the book we have is number 135.

If you do a little searching on the Internet, you'll find similar copies of this book available from a number of sources and ranging in price from about $3,000 up to $9,000, depending on condition, whether or not Lindberg signed it or inscribed it, etc.

The Friends group has decided to take bids on this book through Monday, April 28, and sell it to the highest bid over $2,000. If you know anyone who would be interested, would you please tell them to contact the Friends at 314-821-5770, Extension 23. At the close of bidding, the winning bidder will be notified.

------------------------------------------------------

Back