Random thoughts on a slow extra day.

Vern B

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
?
1. We live in the country under what at times appears to be a practice area for pilots. I have seen aerobatics, what appears to be light sport, a couple of ultra lights, helicopters (some looking for meth labs, grass ect, and some taking pictures of property), and a few years ago a cargo outfit would make a run once a day across our property toward Indiana and back. That was always great to watch. Like every pilot I know I look up when a plane flies over. Couple of days ago I heard the loudest plane yet making toward us, looked up and when it came in sight it was a light twin. When it was over our area it did some steep turns, looked like an engine out procedure, and what sounded like a couple of stalls. Pretty cool. It headed west, came back in about 30 minutes and did some more. It is not every day someone is practicing, and it was fun to watch a twin go through the paces.

2. I really miss flying!

3. This new site looks great, like it.

4. Is Sac Arrow really qualified to answer all the questions he is asked?

5. Not sure the leap year is making up for the difference in time. Seems the season changes are getting later every year.

6. Worried about the monkey moving again.

7. Oh, and I miss flying.

8. Thoughts must not be to good today, posted in the wrong thread!

Last edited:
6. Worried about the monkey moving again.

7. Oh, and I miss flying.....

Yeah, I'm surprised the monkey is stalled in Alabama, was wondering if we were gonna hear from Hank since the weather was nice this weekend. He'll move when he's ready though.

And I miss flying too. I'm typically planning the next flight on the way home from the current flight. It freakin good stuff.

Back