random questions i have for pilots

I love that you used a pic from a beautiful mind... some people have a unique way of seeing the world. ;)
And some are just bat**** crazy.

Unfortunately, for every Rain Man or John Nash or Robert Pirsig, there are probably tens of folks whose value to society is a negative.

Then again, many folks think we're nuts to go up in little airplanes.

I once saw something in the sky I could not identify. We were in a Cherokee 140.
We did what you are supposed to do . Chase that m-effer down.

Was never able to determine what it was but were able to determine that it could outrun a Cherokee 140

I once saw something in the sky I could not identify. We were in a Cherokee 140.

Was never able to determine what it was but were able to determine that it could outrun a Cherokee 140

Well, *that* certainly narrows it down! :D

There are lots of stories out there about people trying to avoid Venus.

That F'er is bright as hell. I made some observations of it in the daytime last weekend. That's where you get the best phases (but make DANG sure the sun is in shadow if you do that as an accidental viewing of the sun through binoculars or a small telescope can easily cost you your eyesight).

Ah HA! I was driving from ft worth to Austin after Xmas and noticed several of these 'chemtrails' being created.. two or three going vertical, then two or three going horizontal... I kept thinking... there is 'something' to this... this isn't just 'random'

Umm, riiiiiight....:mad2:

Intuition is the way to go. Using gauges and screens is for noobs. I put these stickers over every instrument in my panel. I save tons of money not having to pay for pitot static checks and garmin updates. Preflights are also quicker because I use my sixth sense to tell me if something isn't right, and I don't have to waste time getting weather briefings for the same reason.

6740.jpg

As long as you have a compass deviation card, you're good to go!

My gut instincts apparently appear to be contrary to the FARs. And in IMC, are contrary to me remaining in stable flight. So for me, no, sadly they need to be suppressed.

Back