Random praise just because

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
Hi guys,
since positive feedback is not common (due to our human nature expecting things to go smoothly) and is usually drowned in the sea of negative feedback, I thought I'd start a thread to randomly give praise after a good flight.
Why?
JUST BECAUSE.
We should not need an excuse to say something went well.

I can start with my latest pup flight.
Returning to my home area, I was landing at KGTU (Georgetown, TX) on a nice day filled with student pilots and others in the pattern.
The controllers probably recognized my tail number (or my "dang furn accent" - cuz I climb the tower cab a few times a year, trying to bring as many students as I can) and squeezed me in almost like a VIP.
"Skyhawk 12345, continue on upwind, I'll call your crosswind"
"Tomahawk XYZ, can you make short approach? I have a traffic entering downwind and he's got good 50 knots on you. You can? Great, Tomahawk XYZ, cleared TNG 18".
"Compassion five delta delta, you are #2 following a Tomahawk on short final, cleared to land 18, welcome back".

It was a hot day and I was tired and sweaty and getting a heat headache (heat index 116F) but this made me feel much better. Thank you Matt and Kevin (I think) for being great guys and having patience with us flyboys. :)

When able, I try to dole out a thank you and "good job" to the controllers working the Regional Approach sectors. It can get hectic sometimes but we got some good professionals who enjoy their job.

And a big thank you to the controller working the SE sector yesterday. Come back from Houston on the DODJE5 arrival, I was expecting to be turned west as published. But the controller gave me direct COWBOY VOR and over the top of KDFW, saving me lots of time.

Back