Ran into EdFred's dad today.

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
Coming back from a trade show in California today I ended up sitting in the same row on the NW Airbus as Ed's father. He was sitting on the other end of the row from me so we didn't get to talk at length but we did discuss his interest in a Navion. I think Ed would have preferred I attempt to disuade Brad (Ed's dad) from that particular aircraft but I only managed to point out that there IMO an unusually high percentage of that fleet is poorly maintained and that he'd better choose carefully.

lancefisher said:
Coming back from a trade show in California today I ended up sitting in the same row on the NW Airbus as Ed's father. He was sitting on the other end of the row from me so we didn't get to talk at length but we did discuss his interest in a Navion. I think Ed would have preferred I attempt to disuade Brad (Ed's dad) from that particular aircraft but I only managed to point out that there IMO an unusually high percentage of that fleet is poorly maintained and that he'd better choose carefully.
I'm curious how you two figured out who was who.

I concur that much of the Navion fleet is poorly maintained. Given that I don't see that many Navions I sure come across a lot of basket case Navis. Our museum has a Ryan currently under a total restoration. Better than new when finished.

Richard said:
I'm curious how you two figured out who was who.

Well, to make the world a bit smaller. Lance and I happen to work in the same field. Electronic manufacturing. We (my dad and I) rep and distribute equipment and materials. Lance's company happens to do insepction equipment. A rep for one of our distribution lines also reps Lance's company. (Hey Lance, Bob P. went to U-M too.) My dad had heard the company name mentioned and evidently remembered it when he heard Lance's co-workers talking, or being the salesman that he is asked if they were at APEX (or whatever the show is called now). He called me on his cell saying "hey, who's that guy that works for that company who's a pilot?", and that was that.

Back