Rainbow Airport (WI37)

njord4

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Erik
Hey everyone - I was wondering if anyone has heard of a private airport called Rainbow Airport (WI37) up in northwestern Wisconsin near the town of Ojibwa.

I have a friend who has a cabin near Ojibwa, and the two closest airports are about an hour drive away (Park Falls and Ladysmith), which kind of defeats the purpose of being able to fly there. It would be really nice if I could land at this one. I looked up all the info on Airnav.com (http://www.airnav.com/airport/WI37) and gave it to my friend who's actually going up there this weekend. He's going to try to meet someone up there and get in their good graces. :)

In any case, if anyone has any info, that'd be great to know. The last data there is on Airnav.com says for the 12-month period ending 11 October 1982. Yikes...

Erik

Why not just call the airport manager and owner whos name and phone number are listed on the AirNav listing?

Yeah, but that would require picking up the phone. :) Plus I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with it.

You could always swing by to check it out on your way up to 6Y9 for Labor Day. ;)

Back