rain all weekend!!

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
argh!!

just when I start back up again... my very ambitious program of 2-3x a week flying... will once again be thwarted by rain. crap!

gkainz said:
the flying week doesn't look too keen here, either...

http://www.weatherroom.com/forecast/80004.html

ok, multiple attempts to make the above URL display the inline image with no luck... any help?
It needs to be an actual image, not a html file. You need to point to a jpg, gif, etc., or take a screenshot and post that as an attachment.

Ok, never mind what I was going to say - that link is wierd...

woodstock said:
argh!!

just when I start back up again... my very ambitious program of 2-3x a week flying... will once again be thwarted by rain. crap!

Argh indeed. As the weekend approaches, the chances of rain Saturday go up 10%/day. I want my Citabria fix.:D

I didn't even bother reserving a plane with the club this weekend. Between Easter (family stuff) and the weather, there's no point.

However, I'm on vacation next week and I might fly a few times.

Meterologists really should get outside more often.

It's supposed to be raining here too actually...or so it says anyway...

1 forecast this morning
"Rest Of Today Rain Showers"

PIREP: 3 photo's taken 10 minutes ago.

...ok, so it'll likely change later (ADDS says -RASN 12-15 hrs from now) but I thought it was amusing anyway...

Can I have your sky, Frank? Ours is defective...

Greebo said:

Ours, too. I woke up to 3-4 inches of snow, and it was still coming down. I had already put the brush away for the season, had to take it out again and clean off the car. But I refused to wear the down jacket.

Toby said:
Ours, too. I woke up to 3-4 inches of snow, and it was still coming down. I had already put the brush away for the season, had to take it out again and clean off the car. But I refused to wear the down jacket.

Done! Two for the price of one. I'm so sick of looking out and seeing that every day that I want to throw up just to increase the local humidity a smidgen. It's so dry event he rocks absorb water. When I move, which can't be soon enough, it's going to be somewhere with water and weather....and I'll do my own forecasting since the professionals obviously don't have a clue. ;)

Re: Meterologists really should get outside more often.

Nice morning, Frank! It's ugly, gloomy, foggy and miserable up the road here. Looking out my window here I would estimate ceiling and vis at about 500' & 1/8th of a mile...

fgcason said:
Done! Two for the price of one. I'm so sick of looking out and seeing that every day that I want to throw up just to increase the local humidity a smidgen. It's so dry event he rocks absorb water. When I move, which can't be soon enough, it's going to be somewhere with water and weather....and I'll do my own forecasting since the professionals obviously don't have a clue. ;)
You can move here, Frank. We have lots of weather, and it changes often, so you won't get bored. In the meantime, I'll swap a few of mine for a few of your rock-absorbing days.

Re: Meterologists really should get outside more often.

gkainz said:
Nice morning, Frank! It's ugly, gloomy, foggy and miserable up the road here. Looking out my window here I would estimate ceiling and vis at about 500' & 1/8th of a mile...

That's starting to move down here now. Buildup in all quadrants especially to the east. It's starting to snow on the mountain now. Might get an inch of snow in the next few days, probably not though.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow (skipping today). So everyone repeat after me "blizzard blizzard blizzard blizzard blizzard" :D

lhc.JPG

whats everyone talking about? Perfect flying weather..:dance:

I am stuck in Fort Lauderdale until Friday night but I hear it's still crappy in Tulsa. My wife lets me know about it constantly. Apparently, she would rather be here. :)

Brent

Michael said:
whats everyone talking about? Perfect flying weather..

75-84F...Hmmmm... Off the top of my head that's about 8500-9200 DAlt at ground level around here. :confused:
Time to load up the CE150 and go to Gunnison :D <-------- Disclaimer: Don't even think about doing that cause it'd be really dumb. I say, I say, son, it's just a joke.

Greebo said:

Ahh..one man's lack of VFR weather is another man's opportunity to practice approaches in actual.....

Greg
182RG

ggroves said:
Ahh..one man's lack of VFR weather is another man's opportunity to practice approaches in actual.....

Greg
182RG
That's why we here in VFR Land go to the Left Coast to get actual time. My CFII already told me we're spending a weekend or two on the CA coast during my instrument training (yet to be started).

Today Mostly Cloudy High: 51°

Tomorrow PM Light Rain High: 55°

Sat Partly Cloudy High: 52°

Sun Rain/Thunder High: 50°

Mon Showers High: 53°

Back