R44 ferry flight pix

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I'm back home again after logging enough R44 time to meet the insurance requirements to carry pax :yes:

Here's some pictures: aircraft boneyard (Pinal), three shots along I10 (not sure if AZ or NM), the submarine at Muskogee, the East Buffet and Sushi Restaurant where we landed for lunch, my R44 and Mark at Tahlequah, OK, me at Kickapoo Airport in Wichita Falls, Mark at Bedford Cty., Mark and I back home at N99.

Airports visited

TOA, PHX, TUS, LSB, PEQ, MAF, T47, SPS, TQH, POF, HNB, PKB, HMZ

(I may have missed a couple...)

Attachments

• 0454.jpg
    0454.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 0460.jpg
    0460.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 0464.jpg
    0464.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 0468.jpg
    0468.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 0478.jpg
    0478.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 0483.jpg
    0483.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 36
  • mark035.jpg
    mark035.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 34
  • mark032.jpg
    mark032.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 0484.jpg
    0484.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 0487.jpg
    0487.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 41
Bob super pics, Glad you are back safe and sound as I'm sure Dusty is. BTW did anyone notice that a majority of the craft at the Bone Yard were NorthWest Airlines planes? Hmmm wander what that says.

gkainz said:
What's the story on ???
What I heard (and who knows if it's true) was that they were taking the sub up the inland waterway to Tulsa and it got stuck in Muskogee, so they brought it up shore and made it into a museum.

Maybe one of the Oklahoma pilots can tell us more :dunno:

Wow, what a nice fuel truck........ Just kidding Bob looks great you must of had fun bringing her home. So can you fly fat pax now :) nice pictures and have fun.

Bob

rmciottijr said:
Wow, what a nice fuel truck........ Just kidding Bob looks great you must of had fun bringing her home. So can you fly fat pax now :) nice pictures and have fun.

Bob
Up to 300 lbs, Bob. Can't take 3 that big, though ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed the flight!

I'll contact you about giving you (and some of our fat friends -- not that I'm skinny) a ride, Bob.

RotaryWingBob said:
What I heard (and who knows if it's true) was that they were taking the sub up the inland waterway to Tulsa and it got stuck in Muskogee, so they brought it up shore and made it into a museum.

Maybe one of the Oklahoma pilots can tell us more :dunno:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Batfish_(SS-310)

"Batfish was struck from the Naval Register, 28 February 1972. She was transferred to the Oklahoma Maritime Advisory Board and towed up the Arkansas River to Muskogee. There, she was placed in a dry berth and opened to the public as a memorial to Oklahoma combat submariners."

My guess is that's just a coverup story. I think it was picked up by an Alien ship and dropped in Oklahoma. :rofl:

Thanks for the pictures. An R44 at your leisure...I'm envious.

Hey Bob, when did you guys get back? You weren't at 40N for lunch last week were you? I stopped for lunch after visiting the pilot shop at LNS and taxied right past a ship painted EXACTLY like yours.

John

C-1 PILOT said:
Hey Bob, when did you guys get back? You weren't at 40N for lunch last week were you? I stopped for lunch after visiting the pilot shop at LNS and taxied right past a ship painted EXACTLY like yours.

John
Not I, John!

We got back Wednesday a bit before noon. We did pass about 3 miles north of 40N though...

Bah humbug! Another ship painted just like ours? :mad:

Great pictures, Bob! 'Glad you're back home...safe and sound. I look forward to reading fututre R44 stories.

Fly safe,
Jason

Well Bob I knew I liked ya when you told me you worked for WHOI but, man that is one classy bird!

Fly safe, and head east - Lunch is waiting for ya anytime.

Back