Quitting My Space?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
How do you completely delete your Myspace account? I started one then lost interest before really doing anything with it, now all it does is spam me with business opportunities from 'good-time Julia' and 'Easy Mindy' I'm getting tired of it.

You can do it, for sure. I did it within three days of setting mine up because of the immediate spam I received. I went with a blogger account instead which for sure has its own issues but at least is spam free.

To delete your account, log in to your account and click the Account Settings link next to your photo on your profile page. You will arrive at the Change Account Settings page. Right below the page title you will see three tiny links. Two of them, View My Profile and Edit My Profile are in red. The third link - Cancel Account is in gray, so it is not easily noticeable (of course!) The link forwards you to the page titled Cancel MySpace Account. Pretty easy to figure out from there.

Before you delete, Dave, send us links for 'good-time Julia' and 'Easy Mindy,' OK?

Thks Richard, I'll give it a try
SC; the last one was from "CutiePiez" and was almost obscene, I know your taste far exceeds anything offered on that one.

SC; the last one was from "CutiePiez" and was almost obscene, I know your taste far exceeds anything offered on that one.

Ha. Don't count on it. And even if Spike's taste actually is above "CutiePiez", you can still send it to me. :D

[edit] Never mind Dave. I see where you said it was almost obscene.

Thanks for the info. I just cancelled, too.

I have a MySpace page but never did anything with it. It was established with a bogus address from an AOL account I no longer have. When I inquired how to change the address, they told me I have to submit a picture of myself showing the login address I previously used. This would have to be the most unique means of proving identity.

Back