quick foreflight question

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
When you are flying along a route w/ the foreflight on "maps" - the sectional w/ the little airplane dinking along towards its destination ... is there a way to tell how far you are from the destination?
I tried poking my finger on the current location and "adding it to route" but that puts it to the route after your destination and so doesn't work like I hoped...

There is probably a very easy answer to this but I haven't found it. Today was the first time I tried using the thing in the plane.

Thanks

PS: Had to take the 152 up to Odessa today w/ no electric available to the plane - got it propped in Ft STockton and had a barely charged handheld for checking AWOS and making calls on my way into ODO (I called Midland Approach by phone to warn them that they would see a low slow primary target in about 50 mins and that it would be Me going into Odessa- the fella was quite nice and assured me that I wouldn't be in the way of their regular routes and thanked me for the call - probably didn't need to call but figured it wouldn't hurt, the MAF guys are always nice)

solenoid has been ordered.... after just replacing the toast battery! Frustrating :( I'm learning more than I ever imagined about the insides of an aircraft and am getting downright zippy at pulling and replacing the cowling!

I have a wifi-only iPad and no external GPS so I can't answer with certainty but my first guess would be under "remaining" in the nav log in the distance column.

You can probably also configure the dashboard to show it too.

ipad-map.png

Last edited:
Thanks Jason, I've been sitting with it this evening dinking around and figured it out... duh, just put your finger on the place where you are and move it very slightly left or right, add it to route and it tell you your distance to the end point.
At least that's all I could come up with just playing with it.....

The flight plan chart should show you what you're looking for. If not, just change the data block at the bottom (by tapping on it). The "GPS Accuracy" one is a good candidate to replace with something more useful.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• remaining1.png
    remaining1.png
    793.2 KB · Views: 49
  • remaining2.png
    remaining2.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 48
  • remaining3.png
    remaining3.png
    925.8 KB · Views: 49
Thanks, Jason. I hadn't messed w/ the data blocks yet to see if they could be changed. Now that I know that I will look at it tomorrow.

Back