Question

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
299876_2056402010157_1247804014_31799348_1494728804_n.jpg

I got my plastic card in the mail today, but it has a problem. My middle name isn't "White" and "Junior" isnt supposed to be there. My name is David Christopher White, so how how do I fix this? I know I had it in IACRA as David Christopher White, and my Drivers License says th same thing.

I got my plastic card in the mail today, but it has a problem. My middle name isn't "White" and "Junior" isnt supposed to be there. My name is David Christopher White, so how how do I fix this? I know I had it in IACRA as David Christopher White, and my Drivers License says th same thing.

I got mine in the mail too but they sent me a SECOND one!

I am keeping the second one in case I lose the first one, though I guess both will be "void" when I move which I plan to do next year or sooner.

What did your temporary certificate say? The two SHOULD match... sounds like there was a glitch in the data transfer from the FAA to the place that manufactures the certificates.

Contact the airman certification branch in OKC at (866) 878-2498

I got mine in the mail too but they sent me a SECOND one!

I am keeping the second one in case I lose the first one, though I guess both will be "void" when I move which I plan to do next year or sooner.
Nope. All you are required to do when you move is to notify the FAA of your new address BEFORE exercising your privileges. You do not get a new card. And by the way, you can sign up online to enter your data.
PS: I use a PO BOX so I have to change the physical address each time I move (4 times in 5 years). The paper copy didn't allow for the two addresses so I drew a vertical line in the box and put the physical address on one side and the mailing on the other.
Same thing with an aircraft. Just because you move, it doesn't mean you get a new certificate.

What did your temporary certificate say? The two SHOULD match... sounds like there was a glitch in the data transfer from the FAA to the place that manufactures the certificates.

Contact the airman certification branch in OKC at (866) 878-2498

Thanks Tim :) I called them and got the name changed, but they said the only way to get the junior taken off was to apply for a name change at the FSDO.

I'm Junior meow

Thanks Tim :) I called them and got the name changed, but they said the only way to get the junior taken off was to apply for a name change at the FSDO.

I'm Junior meow
What did your 8710 and your temporary airman certificate say? Get the name fixed. Don't accept it being wrong.

I think in my 3AM confusion I must have added that, because I know my name isnt junior, but my dads name is also David C White.

I'm just going to name all of my kids George Foreman.

I say don't worry about it. After three months in your wallet all the printing will rub off illegibly anyway.

Nope. All you are required to do when you move is to notify the FAA of your new address BEFORE exercising your privileges. You do not get a new card. And by the way, you can sign up online to enter your data.
PS: I use a PO BOX so I have to change the physical address each time I move (4 times in 5 years). The paper copy didn't allow for the two addresses so I drew a vertical line in the box and put the physical address on one side and the mailing on the other.
Same thing with an aircraft. Just because you move, it doesn't mean you get a new certificate.

Thanks, John. Now I'm REALLY glad they gave me two if these are all I've got for the rest of my life.

I say don't worry about it. After three months in your wallet all the printing will rub off illegibly anyway.

Yeah, happened to mine. I thought it would improve when they switched to plastic cards, but no. (For those who don't know, they used to be cardboard, and you use to have to cut them out yourself...)

Guess I'll have to start calling you Twin, Jr. now...:yesnod:

Guess I'll have to start calling you Twin, Jr. now...:)

I just googled your name and FAA info, did you know you are on the "no fly" list?

j/k :D

I recommend you remove the "Jr" ASAP. Really don't like the idea of having your name written wrong on a federal document.

I agree ^^^^^. That might be hard to explain one day!

I can tell you about how government mistakes will haunt you. In the County where I work, I ****ed off a secretary once and she thought is was cute to put 'prick' as my middle name in our database. For the past 10 years I have been attempting to clear my name IN THE COUNTY THAT I WORK. And I still invariably get something with Roy P. Longo on it. My middle name is William.:mad2:

I can tell you about how government mistakes will haunt you. In the County where I work, I ****ed off a secretary once and she thought is was cute to put 'prick' as my middle name in our database. For the past 10 years I have been attempting to clear my name IN THE COUNTY THAT I WORK. And I still invariably get something with Roy P. Longo on it. My middle name is William.:mad2:

Now, thats funny right there.. I don't care who you are.:D:D:goofy:

Did you date her sister? What did you do to make her that angry?

S**t :eek:

I just have that affect on women. It has become quite the joke in the County. We all just laugh about now. But it truly gets frustrating at times.

Moral of the story: Don;t tick off the person who holds your entire history at the tips of her fingers.:no:

If she works for the government, he probably asked her something onerous and unreasonable, like to do her job.

23 replies and no references to Robert Van Winkle??? my faith in this crowd is being shaken!

Back