Question to the CFR gurus - 61.39(c)(1)

moonshine

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Max
I saw something of interest today on another forum about using an expired atp written for the practical test (I still have plenty of time, took mine 7/30/14, but not sure I'll have the req'd hours by the expiration date)
Here's the cfr
(b) An applicant for an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane category multiengine class rating or an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane type rating may take the practical test with an expired knowledge test only if the applicant passed the knowledge test after July 31, 2014, and is employed:

(c) An applicant for an airline transport pilot certificate with a rating other than those ratings set forth in paragraph (b) of this section may take the practical test for that certificate or rating with an expired knowledge test report, provided that the applicant is employed:

(1) As a flightcrew member by a part 119 certificate holder conducting operations under parts 125 or 135 of this chapter at the time of the practical test and has satisfactorily accomplished that operator's approved pilot-in-command training or checking program; or

The claim was "since you took your knowledge test before 8/1/14, (b) doesn't apply, move on to (c)"

I see "not a multi atp, not a typed atp" in (c). But then again, it says nothing of the atp knowledge date as long as you are employed by 125/135 etc.

Soooo... My question to the gurus is - what exactly does 61.39(c)(1) tell us?
That I for as long as I fly a 'Van for a 135 and complete their approved PIC training I can use that ole written for a single ATP ride in 2018?

Back