Question For Henning

bobloblaw310

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
bobloblaw310
Henning, you claim to have had a few aircraft accidents in your time as a pilot. I feel that each mistake we make is an opportunity to learn so we don't repeat the mistake ourselves. The NTSB would most likely have investigated your accidents and would have a report of the accident completed. Can you post a link for us to read these reports so we can learn from those accidents?

Sounds of crickets: Chirp...Chirp.....Chirp.....Chirp....

bobloblaw310 said:
Henning, you claim to have had a few aircraft accidents in your time as a pilot. I feel that each mistake we make is an opportunity to learn so we don't repeat the mistake ourselves. The NTSB would most likely have investigated your accidents and would have a report of the accident completed. Can you post a link for us to read these reports so we can learn from those accidents?

Slueth em out, with your penchant for observation it should be easy. One is a G-164, one is an AT-401, the other is a S-2R. Look between 1999 and 2003. Oh yeah, there's also a 150 in I think 95 or 96. You ought to be able to come up with them. Nothing else was reportable.

There are 41 pages of ag accidents between the dates you have provided. Many of those accidents are of the same type of aircraft you provide. It is impossible to determine which is "yours" because the NTSB does not identify the pilots involved. Now you could narrow it down if you provide a location. BTW others I am sure would like to learn from "your" accidents so we can prevent from making the same mistakes.

The same goes for the Cessna 150. I need a location to narrow it down.

bobloblaw310 said:
There are 41 pages of ag accidents between the dates you have provided. Many of those accidents are of the same type of aircraft you provide. It is impossible to determine which is "yours" because the NTSB does not identify the pilots involved. Now you could narrow it down if you provide a location. BTW others I am sure would like to learn from "your" accidents so we can prevent from making the same mistakes.

The same goes for the Cessna 150. I need a location to narrow it down.

Just go through the posts here, there's plenty of detail I've given, much more than in an NTSB report which will just give cause. I've discussed them in detail here. There's a windsheer, a prop counterweight bolt failure a cylinder failure and a complete engine failure due to unfound damage prior to ferry flight.

The only real one that had a lesson to it was the windsheer, and the lesson was, no matter how bad the client needs it done and blusters at you over contracts and schedules, if the weather says don't go, don't go.

bobloblaw310 said:
BTW others I am sure would like to learn from "your" accidents so we can prevent from making the same mistakes.

What's so special about any one particular person's accidents...especially ag work...rather specialized stuff that most pilots never do...I mean how often does one go blasting along several feet above the ground then into a wing over for 12 hours a day for a few months straight. Jeez.

Given the stats I'd say get a good handle on the cruise speeds for power setting and fuel burn in the aircraft you fly. Know how much fuel you have. Pay attention to winds aloft. Don't depend on the GPS alone. Know how much fuel you have. Avoid show boating at low altitude. Don't fly VFR into IMC. Get a weather briefing, know what the weather is doing. Know how much fuel you have. Be able to identify a funky instrument if you fly IMC, have good altenatives, practice partial panel. Know the systems of your plane and how much fuel you have. Don't let the plane go somewhere your mind hasn't already been. Practice landings on windy days. Always do a good pre flight and know how much fuel you have.

Len

It appears to me as if really you doubt Hennings word. If you have been around here as long as I have you would have read in his MANY posts
that this man has defiantly been there, done that. He simply has to much knowledge to be BSing any one. For me, if he posted that the sun would raise a little late tomorrow, I would believe him!! For one, I am embarrassed for you and congratulate Henning on the gentlemanly way he responded to your challenge.
If you are REALLY interested in learning the mistakes made in the AC he listed, read them ALL!!!

KD

I just noticed that bobl.....is banned, I should have seen Victor's (I am assuming this) signature
all over this one. My response was directed towards the poster with out realizing whom it was .. as he is banned, hopefully he will not be seeing this, so my point is moot.

KD

Last edited:
Capt Kirk said:
Given the stats I'd say get a good handle on the cruise speeds for power setting and fuel burn in the aircraft you fly. Know how much fuel you have. Pay attention to winds aloft. Don't depend on the GPS alone. Know how much fuel you have. Avoid show boating at low altitude. Don't fly VFR into IMC. Get a weather briefing, know what the weather is doing. Know how much fuel you have. Be able to identify a funky instrument if you fly IMC, have good altenatives, practice partial panel. Know the systems of your plane and how much fuel you have. Don't let the plane go somewhere your mind hasn't already been. Practice landings on windy days. Always do a good pre flight and know how much fuel you have.

Len

No truer words were ever spoken about how to safely fly an airplane. It should be a placard requirement.

Back