Question about A&P Testing

AWACSEng

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
I will be attending a 1 week A&P prep course later this year. I have met the experience qualifications through my military service. The school requires completed 8610-2 forms from the FSDO certifying that I am ready to test. Therein lies my question.

I live in the Baltimore FSDO region and the school is in the Atlanta FSDO region. Can the Baltimore office bless me to test in another region? I've heard yes and I've heard no. I'd hate to have to travel to Atlanta to fill out paperwork that can be done 10miles from my house.

Thanks for the input/advice.

I will be attending a 1 week A&P prep course later this year. I have met the experience qualifications through my military service. The school requires completed 8610-2 forms from the FSDO certifying that I am ready to test. Therein lies my question.

I live in the Baltimore FSDO region and the school is in the Atlanta FSDO region. Can the Baltimore office bless me to test in another region? I've heard yes and I've heard no. I'd hate to have to travel to Atlanta to fill out paperwork that can be done 10miles from my house.

Thanks for the input/advice.

Yes, any FSDO can sign the authorizations. Call the Baltimore FSDO and ask for an appointment to get this done, explain to the Inspector what you are doing and you should be good to go.

Good Luck with everything!

http://fsims.faa.gov/PICDetail.aspx?docId=34EB500C9E377AF1862577290045480A

5-1136 ORAL AND PRACTICAL SKILL TEST PREREQUISITES. Applicants for a mechanic certificate and/or added rating(s) must meet the applicable knowledge and skill test requirements of § 65.79.

2) Individuals applying based on civilian or military experience must present two originals of FAA Form 8610-2, at the district office. Complete Sections I, II, and III. The applicant must sign and date Section IV. An Airworthiness ASI who holds a mechanic certificate with an A&P must sign and date Section V.

Ok thanks. I planned to call to ask the question, but i figured I would ask here first to make sure I didn't miss anything. I found the parts on the FAA website about testing and pre reqs, just couldn't find anything about being blessed and testing in differnt regions. Thanks again!

I got my test authorizations from the Orlando FSDO and took my tests at Baker's in Nashville. Of course, your question was already answered, so my answer is unnecessary and a waste of bandwidth. But it increased my post count by one!

Back