QT Halos Case?

hockeyrcks9901

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
hockeyrcks9901
I've got a QT Halo headset and love it except for the case. I feel like I'm squishing it in there and I'd like to get another case for it.

I checked out the case for the Clarity Aloft and it looked ideal except it's roughly $50 after shipping.

Anyone have another recommendation or a way to get the Clarity Aloft case cheaper?

My Halos haven't been in the case in years. I did use the case for traveling in the airlines twice when they were new. There's no need for a bulky case, the headset is strong and flexible. I've been using mine since late 2010, including plugged into my handheld while mowing alongside the runway. I've also tried getting out if the plane several times with it still in my head--I don't get very far when that happens.

Yea, I feel like i'm bending mine to get the case closed then have to unbend it after taking it out to make it fit right. The case could use a half inch. I may go Hank S route and stop using it. Maybe a small bag of some sort, just to keep the wires gathered. The pocket on my 'free' aopa headset bag might just be perfect with no case. But what will I put in the headset compartment. snacks?

I put mine back in the case after every flight. I just fully retract the hard wire that goes behind the head (and over the ear) and that makes it easy to fit the headphones back into the factory case.

I used to put mine back in the case, but my current flight bag accommodates then without, and it's a lot quicker and cleaner to do so now. I've heard and seen a lot of people switch to using netbook cases in lieu of the provided case.

I have been putting mine back in the case, it's snug, but I don't feel like I'm bending them. Not all of us are rich guys like @Hank S and share a hangar with a Ferrari so we can just leave them in the plane.

If only it was MY Ferrari . . . .

I heard you calling up MGM approach yesterday as you were heading out. I chuckled when you gave the three letter identifier and the controller asked for the name of the airport. I had called up about an hour earlier and gave the same controller the name of the airport.......he asked me for the three letter identifier. I guess we are supposed to give the both. Sorry OP for the thread drift.

I have a couple AOPA headset bags they were giving away ten years ago or so that work perfect for my headset, kneeboard, charts, pens, flashlight etc etc.
you paid for the bag and they threw in a free membership and magazine subscription......or was it the other way around? I forget but you get the point.
Not sure why you would need another separate case for a headset, just throw them in your flight bag and if you are worried about damage just wrap them in your old paper charts that you never use.

Not so much worried about them. Just that it's kind of annoying to fight (exaggerated) to get them into the case. It would be nice to have one that fit them properly so they just drop in and can be put back into the flight bag without difficulty.

I'm definitely talking about a very minor issue, exactly why I don't want to spend $50 to fix it, but if there was something available cheap I'd jump on it.

As a renter, I can't just leave them behind and my current flight bag doesn't have a designated headset space.

Update:

I just found the Clarity Aloft case on eBay from a highly rated seller for $38.

I'll give that a shot and report back on how well it works for those that may be looking for something similar.

The only time I use my case is when I clear out the cockpit for annual. Rest of the time, I just drape the headset over the yoke or tuck it into the side pocket. But when I do use the case, it works fine for me. The headset is pretty compliant.

Sorta surprised no one thought of this.... I've used these for all sorts of soft case needs and they work great.

51BSvW5aZOL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, one day too late. I had to buy a replacement Clarity Aloft headset, and so I have an extra headset bag. I'm willing to bet that you'll like the case you bought.

Sorta surprised no one thought of this.... I've used these for all sorts of soft case needs and they work great.

51BSvW5aZOL._SY355_.jpg

Yep, I have one for my foggles and another one for my travel chocks. Theynworkmgreat, and are very easy to shorten.

Just wanted to provide an update for anyone else that might be looking.

The Clarity Aloft case works great. Hard sides so a little additional protection, has a handle, and best of all it fits the Halos great.

Back