PVC and first class medical

F

Flyguy12345

Following up on my previous thread. Did the echo and stress test after finding PVCs on my EKG. Doctor said no other heart issues and PVCs went away while exercising. Looking at the guidance for AMEs, I shouldn’t need an SI if there’s no other heart issues and PVCs resolve with exercise and the AME can issue. I just did my medical in February so my next one with be next February. I assume I need to report this on medexpress next year? Do I just check the box for heart troubles and write PVCs? Do I need to bring the EKG, echo results, stress tests results to my AME for my next medical? Anything needed to submit to the FAA before or just wait until my next medical. Should I send over the results to my AME before my medical? I fly for a living so I don’t want to get my medical deferred if I could have done the paperwork earlier. Thanks

THE FAA takes forever. if these actually show what you think they show, just send them in with your name and DOB on each page. In about 10 months (I kid you not) the agency wil reply with a "letter of eligibility."

OR find a good AME who can reissue you based on these and then send them in. GAME, set and match.
You could wiat, but then if there's an issue you'll be "down" and in the rabbit hole.

Crazy backlog affects everything we do in the system.

B

THE FAA takes forever. if these actually show what you think they show, just send them in with your name and DOB on each page. In about 10 months (I kid you not) the agency wil reply with a "letter of eligibility."

OR find a good AME who can reissue you based on these and then send them in. GAME, set and match.
You could wiat, but then if there's an issue you'll be "down" and in the rabbit hole.

Crazy backlog affects everything we do in the system.

B
So my PVCs did not actually go away with exercise so I’ve been gathering paperwork for the FAA. I am asymptomatic and have no other structural heart issues. My cardiologist basically said I’m good to fly and I won’t drop dead but to address it. My medical isn’t due until February. If I send in the paperwork, will the FAA ground me until they make a decision?

Send it it all in and continue to fly until notified otherwise….you’ll get a letter of eligibility or an SI…..

Back