Push to talk switch

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Was wondering if there is an easy way to test a push to talk switch that is going through a portable intercom?

If you can disconnect the end and get to the pins a VOM can tell you a lot ...

If it goes to ground when you push it , it works , your question doesn’t give us all the information required to give a complete answer , is the push to talk strapped to the yoke or is it in the yoke ?

Let’s start with the aircraft system if you plug your headset into the panel jacks and the push to talk on the yoke works the aircraft system is ok , if you plug a portable system into the panel jacks and things don’t work , pretty easy to figure that one out. Good luck

The switch is on the yoke. Going through a sigtronics portable intercom. The switch seems to work intermittently. Will try going direct to panel jacks.

The switch is on the yoke. Going through a sigtronics portable intercom. The switch seems to work intermittently. Will try going direct to panel jacks.

Switches can become intermittent due to wear or contaminates. Do you know how to use a multimeter to check continuity?

The first thing I do is spray contact cleaner on everything just to make sure things are clean so might start there. Good luck

They are so cheap, I wouldn’t eff with it; buy a new one and move onto the next problem!

I agree with Dave. I never had much luck with the portable units but maybe the newer ones are better

Back