Pumpkin Drop at KSET!

Fredbob711

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Fredbob711
For anyone looking for something to do a week from Saturday. I went last year, lots of people around just hanging out and talking. I didn't participate, but I will say it's difficult to see the pumpkins actually falling. It's still a lot of fun and good people.

This year I'm taking my wife up so I'll be the pilot and she'll be the bombardier.

They roll out the TBM Avenger and B-25 Mitchell from the Commemorative Air Force and load them up with pumpkins to drop as well. Hopefully the B-25 can make it this year, last year it had some engine trouble the morning of so it stayed grounded.

http://www.stcharlesflyingservice.com/2014-pumpkin-drop-information-registration/

I'm still amazed these things don't hit the tail. My wife threw a peach out the window of a C-152 once and it came within a 1/2 inch of the tail. She got a little scared that she came 1/2 inch from causing us to spiral out of control and crash. Obviously this wouldn't happen, but in the moment she thought so.

I've never dropped a pumpkin out of a plane, but I've often flicked boogers out the side window.

Back