Pulitzer Prize winners announced

i believe the only newspaper with more than the Des Moines Register is the New York Times

haha scott, im talking about all-time

ah heres where i got that from:

wikipedia said:
In 1985, faced with declining circulation and revenues, the Cowles family sold off its various properties to different owners, with the Register going to Gannett. At the time of sale, only The New York Times had won more Pulitzer Prizes for national reporting.

says they have won 15 total pulitzers over the years.

haha scott, im talking about all-time
Miami Herald has more than the 15 that the Des Moines Register has gotten, 19 to be exact, Chicago Tribune has 25, LA Times has won 38, NY Times 95, Wall Street Journal 24, etc.

Sorry, you guys have a respectable paper but it is not number 2 in the Pulitzer category.

see above, at the time the paper was sold to Gannet it was second only to the NYT in the national reporting category

hey i was just recalling some vague fact from my 5th grade Iowa History class! :D

and obviously, not recalling it very well

Yeah. The Chicago Tribune just got the most Pulitzers in Spring of 2008 for any Chicago newspaper.

Zell must be so proud.

You ain't seen nothing from the Trib yet.... My guess is that the old-line staffers are wondering "what happened" since Randy & team got to town....

You ain't seen nothing from the Trib yet.... My guess is that the old-line staffers are wondering "what happened" since Randy & team got to town....

WHAT old line staffers?

I quoted Dilbert to my bosses, "The way we recognize our best people......those are the ones that left."

WHAT old line staffers?

There are some....

I quoted Dilbert to my bosses, "The way we recognize our best people......those are the ones that left."

That would be another company in the media business.... where there is no Team in I.... and "people are our most important assets".

Last edited:
Back