PTSD (2022 Guide for AME)

Ashe123456

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ashe123456
So the latest Guide for Medical Examiners (2022) which i believe came active in October 14, 2021, has some changes (I believe) on the issues regarding PTSD.

Page 189 (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) All Classes it now states...

A.

NO Treatment

AND

No symptoms in
past 2 years

The AME should gather information regarding the diagnosis, severity, treatment, symptoms, and address ALL of the questions on the Pos-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Decision Tool for the AME.

Under Disposition

If all items on the decision tool are in the clear “No column”, the AME may: ISSUE: Summarize this history, and annotate Block 60 with “discussed the history of PTSD, no positives to screening questions, and no concerns.

This seems like a major change, how in the "real world" is it working though. Thanks.

What will be interesting, at least on the military side is if the applicant indicates receiving medical disability but answers “ no treatment “ or “ no symptoms past 2 years.” ;)

Yea, wonder if the FAA will then forward to VA so they (VA) can look at possibly reducing someone's disability %.

so.... the PTSD thing confuses me with these checks.. is it a mental illness?? i have PTSD but looking through kinda, i wouldnt check the boxes in the mental illness (no hallucination, no suicide, no bi polar disorder)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back