Psychosis N.O.S.

U

Unregistered

I copied the following describing the psychosis section of the Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners from this site: http://www.leftseat.com/ame993.htm

I. CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS

All Classes: 14 CFR 67.107, 67.207, and 67.307

***No established medical history or clinical diagnosis of any of the following:

A personality disorder that is severe enough to have repeatedly manifested itself by overt acts.

A psychosis. As used in this section, "psychosis" refers to a mental disorder in which:

The individual has manifested delusions, hallucinations, grossly bizarre or disorganized behavior, or other commonly accepted symptoms of this condition

My son had a reaction, likely an allergic reaction I am told, from a prescribed drug and was hospitalized. He had some mild hallucinations and delusions. The initial diagnosis used by the physicians to treat his symptoms was "phychosis, N.O.S." meaning "psychosis, not otherwise specified."

Since being released from the hospital he has been fine.

I am concerned about the diagnosis itself. My work deals with diagnoses and CPT codes and I know from experience that in order to get paid docs need to have a diagnosis and associated codes. His nurses told me that the diagnosis was entered on his chart because while they had no "psychosis" in and of itself, the drug-induced delusions and hallucinations created a scenario like a psychosis for them to treat.

Has he established a forever-disqualifying diagnosis?

If so, any advice?

I copied the following describing the psychosis section of the Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners from this site: http://www.leftseat.com/ame993.htm

My son had a reaction, likely an allergic reaction I am told, from a prescribed drug and was hospitalized. He had some mild hallucinations and delusions. The initial diagnosis used by the physicians to treat his symptoms was "phychosis, N.O.S." meaning "psychosis, not otherwise specified."

Since being released from the hospital he has been fine.

I am concerned about the diagnosis itself. My work deals with diagnoses and CPT codes and I know from experience that in order to get paid docs need to have a diagnosis and associated codes. His nurses told me that the diagnosis was entered on his chart because while they had no "psychosis" in and of itself, the drug-induced delusions and hallucinations created a scenario like a psychosis for them to treat.

Has he established a forever-disqualifying diagnosis?

If so, any advice?
Nope. FAA will want to have the documentation of the drug and the reaction. It will be regarded as provoked, transient, and past. Get the documentation now, however, while you can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back