psoriasis treatment options?

U

Unregistered

Anyone have any experiences they could share? PPL SEL only a third class medical certificate

Methotrexate is permitted.
Steroids (which are NOT sustainable) are permitted at <10 mg prednisone per day- really hard on your body, though.
All others are "individual consideration".

I was just reading online that it's believed to be a defect in the bone marrow. I found this out after I wanted to donate bone marrow, having psoriasis will disqualify you. I also was told that some of the biologic medicine for treating cancers work very well. For a topical treatment I like coal tar it works good but I have yet to have anything take it away other than severe sunburn

Roger
RT screen designs
Www.rtscreendesigns. Com

I was just reading online that it's believed to be a defect in the bone marrow. I found this out after I wanted to donate bone marrow, having psoriasis will disqualify you. I also was told that some of the biologic medicine for treating cancers work very well. For a topical treatment I like coal tar it works good but I have yet to have anything take it away other than severe sunburn

Roger
RT screen designs
Www.rtscreendesigns. Com

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cat's Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) were found to be helpful. It's a TNF inhibitor, as is Enbrel, which is often prescribed for severe psoriasis.

I'm not a doc, by the way. I used to have a girlfriend who was a doctor with a holistic bent, and she got me interested in this sort of thing. She's presently stomping through the jungles somewhere in South America looking for cures. But as for me, no soy un doctor, amigo.

So basically, don't pay a bit of attention to me.

-Rich

I have mild plaque psoriasis and have small patches on scalp,face and elbows.
I use zhitranol shampoo (anthralin 1%) on scalp, protopic ointment (tacrolimus 0.1%) on face and calcitrene ointment (calcipotriene 0.005%) on elbows and some other spots.
I believe that all these medication that I listed are steroid free (not 100% sure).
Currently I'm trying xtrac laser treatment also known as excimer laser and see if I can get a break from psoriasis for a longer time without using any other medication.
If you have larger spots/areas of psoriasis, xtrac may not be good treatment for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back