Protein in urine?

U

Unregistered

When getting my medical recently, my AME told me that there was a little protein in my urine, but I still met FAA standards. Is this something significant enough to go to the doctor for? Is some protein in urine normal based on diet, genetics, etc.? How strict are FAA standards?

If you had "marital relations" in the 24 hours prior to giving the sample, it could be the source of the positive.
BTDT.

When getting my medical recently, my AME told me that there was a little protein in my urine, but I still met FAA standards. Is this something significant enough to go to the doctor for? Is some protein in urine normal based on diet, genetics, etc.? How strict are FAA standards?
Are you a young female? I had this problem once a LONG time ago and the AME told me to come back the next day after drinking more. I seem to remember he told me this was common with young females, especially when they are a bit dehydrated. I had played racquetball before going to the exam.

Not a doc, but perhaps on the next physical with your doc mention it before so they can add certain "kidney test" to your blood work. If you start passing protein or glucose in your urine it can be signs of other issues.

btw, does this mean that both "martial relations" and Cap'n Crunch (super surgary foods) are no-no's before a medical? Anything else to avoid?

Avoid sugar and salt like the plague at least 2 weeks before you medical, get more H2O not only with your blood pressure decrease your protein and lipids will all come back good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back