Propeller Balancing

N2124v

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
N2124V
I'm thinking about getting the propeller balanced this week in my Mooney. Seems like a good investment of $275 with little downside. What do you think? Prop and engine are mid time on a mooney m20e.

Go for it. You'll love the results.

Agreed , I had mine dynamic balanced last Friday and feel it was a great investment knowing that my power plant/ prop is properly balanced and it was a noticeable difference in smoothness , my engine and prop only have 610 total time

275 is high, but it's something you should do.

Went and had the prop balanced today. Now maybe it was because I laid down cash for it, but I think it runs smoother! The initial reading was .484 ips out if round and when we got done it was .07 ips out of round. Seems like a big enough change that you would notice it. I'll be interested to fly a longer distance and see how it works.

I suspect the difference you noticed was real. You'll especially notice lower fatigue on long trips.

Went and had the prop balanced today. Now maybe it was because I laid down cash for it, but I think it runs smoother! The initial reading was .484 ips out if round and when we got done it was .07 ips out of round. Seems like a big enough change that you would notice it. I'll be interested to fly a longer distance and see how it works.

.484 ips out??????

Holy crap.... :yikes:..

You better be able to feel the difference... :yes:

.484 ips out??????

Holy crap.... :yikes:..

You better be able to feel the difference... :yes:

One of my props was 0.65 before balancing.

Twins hide it well. I didn't feel the plane was rough, but the biggest difference afterwards was the noise! Takeoff was so quiet I thought an engine failed. No joke.

Back