Proof that the public hates GA

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I was driving downtown Saturday.

At the church/school down the road there were some flashing lights of police cars. From a distance in teh traffic I swore I saw a helicopter in the parking lot.

I get close. They had the parking lot blocked off with traffic cones. There idling was LifeFlight helicopter and a city ambulance. It was the same company as that newspaper article about the pilot who lives here.

The area is FULL of cars for a few hundred local citizens sitting in camp chairs watching the chopper.

As far as I know this was a real response. I dunno how it was there long enough to gather the crowd. I saw no notice that a demo was scheduled.

There are two different hospitals' acute care centers down the road. One got an OK to upgrade to a full emergency facility, complete with helipad.

The irony? There's a REAL honest ta g*d airport just 2 miles away. The local folks can watch all day there anytime. Even helicopters doing practice runs. :dunno:

We ARE going to have an open house next Spring or Summer. Being the airport rep, I'll get er done.

Cool. I would like to talk to you about having my group attend and have a booth and aircraft on display. PM me and we can talk details.
Sounds like a great idea!
ApacheBob

I had never heard of this group until now. The website looks professionally done but I have some doubts about this so called "organization". It sounds like some guy with web site building experience put this thing together from his living room. The following statement from the front page of the site seems suspicious to me:
DeKalb County, the owner of PDK has, for years, bypassed federal environmental laws and evaded ad valorem taxation of aircraft based at PDK.

It didn't sound like there was any hatin' goin' on, from Mike's story. People love cars, but only stop to gawk when there's a wreck. No one hangs out at the car dealership to watch cars.

It didn't sound like there was any hatin' goin' on, from Mike's story. People love cars, but only stop to gawk when there's a wreck. No one hangs out at the car dealership to watch cars.

The title was sarcasm. I think the neighbors camped out because they don't get to watch a copter land in the neighborhood every day.

I think I'll try to invite the Lifeflight team to visit the open house.

You should, Mike. I've had a Houston LifeFlight chopper at one of the events at my museum in the past, and they're coming back in November. Just contact their public affairs office, they should be able to work something out with you. (Not to mention, a LifeFlight pilot would probably make a great interview subject for the Pilotcast ;) )

The title was sarcasm. I think the neighbors camped out because they don't get to watch a copter land in the neighborhood every day.

Maybe Scott has some ideas on how you might get a chopper at the open house.

You should, Mike. I've had a Houston LifeFlight chopper at one of the events at my museum in the past, and they're coming back in November. Just contact their public affairs office, they should be able to work something out with you. (Not to mention, a LifeFlight pilot would probably make a great interview subject for the Pilotcast ;) )

Hey, PJ: When do I pick up my 140?

Found the story on what happend. It was an air evacuation of a guy who was electrocuted while trimming trees.

http://www.pioneerlocal.com/grayslake/news/554756,gr-electrocuted-091307-s1.article

I still can't figure out how it lasted long enough for people to be able to pull up chairs to watch. I guess it took a while for the air ambulance to arrive, and they must have brought the victim from the hospital ER afterwards. It would have been an hour and half drive on the ground.

Back