Pronouncing Names at Gastons

Dave Sicilian said:
Folks, it's not looking good for me to get out there.

What with a Baron's load hauling capability and your obvious impeccable taste, I rather hoped you were the Bar Force One pilot.:goofy:

You will be missed.

I really like eating outside and was really hoping for a cookout, but if shopping is far away and it starts looking like a whole lot of time is involved, I'd just as soon hang out and not worry what to eat.

If the store is close by and we keep the menu simple, it would still be fun. Did you guys say there was fish in the river?

wsuffa said:
My portable grill is in Virginia. Not a chance I can get it before the event. And my gas grill is *not* portable.
Well, here is a picture of a grill at Gaston's. I believe every cottage has one. And yes, that's me 15 years ago. I flew into Gaston's back then, too. :)

Steve said:
Maybe we can hire the tour helicopter pilot to deliver pizzas...

LOL! You have the best ideas Steve! You should get a prize for that one! I'm submitting it to the prizes/awards committee. :yes:

Dave Siciliano said:
Folks, it's not looking good for me to get out there.
I'm really disappointed. Sorry!! If something changes, I'll sure try to get out there on Sunday.
Dave, we're disappointed too. :(

Hope you can at least make it on Sunday.

Thanks for the kind comments. Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing about it and seeing some great pics!! Maybe even some inverted ones!!

Best,

Dave

OK. Cabin 72 has a deck but that deck does NOT overlook the runway, it faces the river;
The desk says they will run us into bull shoals for supplies, so we can cookout impromptu...e.g, need no car :)

lancefisher said:
"Levvy" Rhymes with Chevy IIRC.
YRIC -- I am neither a tax nor a dike. It's LEE-vee, like the rye bread. But "Ron" will do just fine, and "Hey-have-a-beer-on-me" works even better.

bbchien said:
What I'm interested in, is (1) portable grills tend to be quite small. So if there is a sense that on Sat. we want to grille out, somebody else needs to bring one, too...
It's 231 road miles from Gaston's to Dewitt. Can someone with a car drag one of this guy's http://www.jrenterprises.com/ rigs over for us? That one on the lower right is roadable and should be just about the right size.

Ron Levy said:
It's 231 road miles from Gaston's to Dewitt. Can someone with a car drag one of this guy's http://www.jrenterprises.com/ rigs over for us? That one on the lower right is roadable and should be just about the right size.

I wonder if Gaston's already has one?

Ken Ibold said:
I'm not even halfway there after 321 miles...which is great if the weather is good!

color me optimistic.
Diana,

Am I responsible for the weather at Gaston's or for the weather everywhere?

Keith Lane said:
Porsche
As in Portia, a woman's name.......

A two syllable word for a moneypit on wheels on which many owners brag about how expensive their repair bills are. (I used to fixem for a living).:)
OUCH! Well, at least it's a really, really fast moneypit!

Diana said:
Well, I know that Tom and Toby and I have a deck. We could plan on hanging out there. :)
Diana,

Don't they have some grills scattered around? Like the kind at state parks, etc. - or am I think of somewhere else? Sounds like a scouting trip to Gaston's next week is in order.

Ed Guthrie said:
Furthermore, if you think Johnny Walker Red Label satisfies that requirement then you definitely are not the Bar Force One pilot.

Laphroaig is my current firewater of choice, but not everyone likes the taste.

gibbons said:
Diana,

Don't they have some grills scattered around? Like the kind at state parks, etc. - or am I think of somewhere else?

Yes, did you see my photo above on post #86. One of the grills next to the tomboy. :)

gibbons said:
Sounds like a scouting trip to Gaston's next week is in order.
Let's do it! I need to go talk to Danny Gaston anyway. And find an aerobatic practice area. :)

Bill Jennings said:

Bill, how do you pronouce that? ;)

Diana said:
Bill, how do you pronouce that? ;)

Leh-Frog, Leh-Frog, kinda like that little guy Tattoo saying le plane le plane. At least that would be what Ed would be chanting as he points at Bar Force One making its approach. :rolleyes:

Not.

Actually la-froyg

bbchien said:
OK. Cabin 72 has a deck but that deck does NOT overlook the runway, it faces the river;
The desk says they will run us into bull shoals for supplies, so we can cookout impromptu...e.g, need no car :)
Cool!

gibbons said:
Diana,

Everywhere, and starting Wed. the 22nd. with ISP.

Bill Jennings said:
What IS that! I like the sound of it. Are you bringing some?

NickDBrennan said:
ooh - I'll bring some green chile for the burgers - that'll be my local thing for the group

OHHHH!!!! I miss the yummy green chile you could get on burgers, hot dogs, and about anything else in Albuquerque. I think I'll grill some burgers up this evening with some green chile, but the canned crap just isn't the same.

gibbons said:
Diana,

Chip,

Maybe the weather will be better if you're responsible for it this year instead of Diana.... ;)

Ed Guthrie said:
If you want the Bar Force One job it is yours. :)

Yeah, but Bar Force One must land at BPK, due to weenie club insurance.

wsuffa said:
Chip,
Maybe the weather will be better if you're responsible for it this year instead of Diana.... ;)
Pictures from the fly-in last year.

1. At the Rogers FBO, I tried staring really hard at the screen and willing the storms to be gone, but had limited success. That's one reason why I resigned as the weather manager. :) Besides it's fun to blame Chip for stuff that goes wrong. ;)

2. In the meantime Chip was posting our progress, or lack of, on the AOPA WebBoard.

Diana said:
Pictures from the fly-in last year.

1. At the Rogers FBO, I tried staring really hard at the screen and willing the storms to be gone, but had limited success. That's one reason why I resigned as the weather manager. :) Besides it's fun to blame Chip for stuff that goes wrong. ;)

2. In the meantime Chip was posting our progress, or lack of, on the AOPA WebBoard.

Didn't you have some crazy map showing your route to Gastons last year, still have it to post?

Bill Jennings said:
Didn't you have some crazy map showing your route to Gastons last year, still have it to post?
Oh, you mean this one? I call it "Direct to Gaston's". ;)

Joe Williams said:
OHHHH!!!! I miss the yummy green chile you could get on burgers, hot dogs, and about anything else in Albuquerque. I think I'll grill some burgers up this evening with some green chile, but the canned crap just isn't the same.

Agreed - it was the hardest part of living in New Hampshire for me - no green chile (even though some restaurants had the audacity to sell jalapenos and bell peppers as "Green Chile")

Henning said:
Really, I know a dike that looks just like you, mustach and all...:eek:
If you hang around with people like that, I hope you're sleeping at the other end of the property.

Not everything is pronounced like it is spelled (Arkansas). I grew up in the SW corner of Mo. pronouncing it with a "uh" on the end. Tourists pronounced it with "ee". When is the Gastons fly-in?

Bobby Day said:
Not everything is pronounced like it is spelled (Arkansas). I grew up in the SW corner of Mo. pronouncing it with a "uh" on the end. Tourists pronounced it with "ee".
Thank you Bobby! See, I'm not crazy after all. :)

Bobby Day said:
When is the Gastons fly-in?
Weekend after next.

http://www.eaa732.org/aopa/

Hope you can make it again this year.

Diana said:
Nick, this is a good idea to clarify pronunciations. :)

Citabria...........Sit-AHH-bree-ahhh.

After consulting with a fellow Citabriat, I will amend the pronunciation to:

Citabria...........Si-TAHH-bree-ahhh...........................

Thank you Steve L. See ya at Gaston's. :)

I hope the weekend will be as much fun as reading these threads, cause if it is we'll have a blast :lightning:

Rudy (ru-dee)haha and Belew(Ba-loo)
There you guys go! This way you guys can tell the ambulance how to pronounce it after i smash down my landing!! haha

Rudy said:
Rudy (ru-dee)haha and Belew(Ba-loo)
There you guys go! This way you guys can tell the ambulance how to pronounce it after i smash down my landing!! haha
Rudy, just keep those feet alive. ;)

Back