Project Natal

Kinda glitchy, and I don't buy that the red jumpsuits were just for fun.

But if they iron out all the issues, it could be interesting. Though if someone walks in front of the TV, you have to wonder if the system will ignore them or screw up the controls or what. Lots of serious programming there, which explains why it will be a while before we see it. :D

Kinda glitchy, and I don't buy that the red jumpsuits were just for fun.

But if they iron out all the issues, it could be interesting. Though if someone walks in front of the TV, you have to wonder if the system will ignore them or screw up the controls or what. Lots of serious programming there, which explains why it will be a while before we see it. :D

Yeah, it was a little buggy... But even for a demo, I thought it was pretty compelling.

And yeah... That's some serious stuff there.

I was skeptical.

I want it more than I want sex.

From the looks of that system, and at the rate technology is going, it won't be much longer until you could get both...from the same source. <not that you can't get that now practically anyway> :rolleyes: :smilewinkgrin:

Wow. Another new "Microsoft invention" I used at least 10 years ago.

The kit also includes free PC Camera games. These are a lot of fun. One of the games, Shoop, consists of a basketball and hoop with the camera pointed at you and when the ball touches your image on the screen, it bounces with the goal to get the ball into the hoop. Another one is BounceIt, which has a globe that you bounce on your screen. A third game is Pop the Bubbles and even though it sounds silly, its fun! Bubbles come into and out of your screen and when your image touches them, they pop. You get points for each popped bubble, but if you miss one, you lose points. These games were included from Reality Fusion, who are apparently a major partner with Intel in the webcam endeavor.

http://www.alamopc.org/pcalamode/reviews/archive2/rev020004.htm

Maybe the patent ran out allowing Microsoft could invent it.

Wow. Another new "Microsoft invention" I used at least 10 years ago.

Maybe the patent ran out allowing Microsoft could invent it.

??? What part of that were you using "10 years ago"? :confused:

Using the camera as the game controller. You see the description that you could shoot baskets? What am I missing?

Oh... Wow... I read that snippet and thought it was describing Natal, not that Intel cam. So yeah, I was missing something, not you.

And I see what you're saying. But there's gotta be a reason it didn't catch on... Probably means that it sucked.

And besides, Natal isn't really about just taking a camera and putting the image on the screen... It's full, 3-D image capture, depth perception, audio commands, etc. So yeah, I see the similarities, but it's like comparing Duck Hunt to the Wii because they both use something other than regular controllers... Same sport, maybe, different league.

Back