Private Written code PLT462

Z06tink72

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
My z06 is faster than your C172
Its a long shot, but ...
I took the test a year ago and missed three questions. PLT462 was one of them, and for the life of me I can't remember what the question was. The lookup table gives this hint:

PLT462 Recall regulations - use of microphone / megaphone / interphone / public address system​

Anybody happen to have the same one? Or maybe could dream up enough guesses to jog my memory?

How about something like:

To set the high intensity runway lights on medium intensity, the pilot should click the microphone
seven times, and then click it
A) one time within four seconds.
B) three time within three seconds.
C) five times within five seconds.

Hey I think that might be right. Thanks!

I was hoping they added a question about how to do a passenger PA in a Cessna. :)

“Giggity.”

Has anyone ever had to turn the lights on to high intensity before they could turn them on to medium intensity? o_O

Has anyone ever had to turn the lights on to high intensity before they could turn them on to medium intensity? o_O

Yes. Some of them won’t turn on until the initial seven clicks are done.

Then you can usually go to whatever level you like but really ancient ones that were moving big rotary switches would only go “in order”. You couldn’t go from seven to three directly, you had to click seven, five, three.

Really annoying if you forgot to reset them and they turned off. Break your PTT getting them back where you wanted them.

Here's what it looks like when you forget to reset them when doing laps... :)

Here's what it looks like when you forget to reset them when doing laps... :)

Yeah, that was my Private Night XC, we arrived at the field (I'd never been there, but my CFI had) and the kights were already on. As I turned final, they turned off. Just click away with your thumb, they'll turn back on. The ol' CFI was impressed that I didn't panic, just clicked away and landed. It's no big deal if the lights turn off.

Back