Printer Friendly

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
Any possibility of getting a "Printer Friendly" button? Sometimes I want to save or print a thread or maybe email it to someone. As it is, I copy and paste it into word and do a bunch of table column and row deletes to get to a more condensed format.

Graueradler said:
Any possibility of getting a "Printer Friendly" button? Sometimes I want to save or print a thread or maybe email it to someone. As it is, I copy and paste it into word and do a bunch of table column and row deletes to get to a more condensed format.

Look at the top of the thread, immediately above the first post.

Also in thread tools you can email a link directly to someone. Since you don't need to register to view the forum, anyone can see the thread once they click on the link in your email, even non-members (unlike the red board.)

Also, if you just want to print a single post, you can click on the little number in the right hand /top corner of the post - it will display it by itself in a new window.

You're welcome! ;)

Last edited:
(Jed Clampett) Whhhhheeeeellll doggies! (/Jed Clampett) How about that? Learn something new every day (or so)

Most web presentations let you select and print text...to do so...click and scroll over the text to select text...once the text is selected right click for the pop up menu...select the print option...click the print selection radio button....click the print command button.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Most web presentations let you select and print text...to do so...click and scroll over the text to select text...once the text is selected right click for the pop up menu...select the print option...click the print selection radio button....click the print command button.

Len

Great "fast" tool!

The only good thing about showing my ignorance is that I learn something. Thanks for the quick and effective response.

The "Lenny" process doesn't work for me. After selecting the text, the right click pop up menu doesn't have a Print option

Graueradler said:
The "Lenny" process doesn't work for me. After selecting the text, the right click pop up menu doesn't have a Print option
Hmmm, does here. IE 5 on Windoze XP ... I'll check tonight on Firefox

Another method:

Highlight the entire text to be copied.
Cntrl-C to copy.
Open Notepad (not wordpad or word, Notepad)
Paste (Cntrl-V)

Notepad has no formatting capabilities, so ignored fancy fonting and colors, tables, etc.

You can then bring the unformatted text into word to do with as you will.

The select text, copy and paste works fine for one posting or reply but doesnt work well for selecting the entire thread. If you select the entire thread, you get all the graphics in the left column. The thread tools, show printer version is exactly what I was looking for.

Back