PRINTER Comparisons

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I don't need one; I've been given one. Here's the deal. My cousin's company has set her retirement home up with an industrial-type hp FAX/Laser Printer unit. Oh, she's not in a retirement home; she just retired from MA to ME and had a fabulous home built into which to retire.(She's still richly rewarded for "Consulting" from home but is no longer the Vice Pres. of Personnel and Developmental Planning)

So she gave me a bunch of stuff including the hp Laserjet 1022. It was manufactured in July of 2006 which makes it four years newer than my hp Deskjet 952C which has been my main printer. I also have the Epson 2200 which I use only for photo printing.

Question: For basic B & W documents which is the better of the two hp units? For color documents -- non photo -- I'll use the 952C; however, before I hook up a third printer(and download the driver) -- hence, the question. ???????

HR

For black & white printing, the laser will be dramatically less-costly to operate, and the print quality on these is outstanding (I have 3 or 4 of them at the office). If you got it with a reasonably-full toner cartridge, you may never empty it in personal use.

Thanks for the information. Cousin lived with me during the last two months of her house getting finished for closing. Her computer was working off my router and the laserjet printer seemed to be a workhorse, cranking out sales reports, payroll reports, and other data. I'll make room to set it up.

During early October I took some shots of her new location. For sure, not much grass shall grow until spring, the seeding just having been done. It's the gray house; the adjacent yellow house has now been completed but the owners won't move in until they get back in the Spring from Florida. If anyone reads Downeast Magazine, Highland Greens is regularly on the inside back cover.

HR

Attachments

• Fran4a_101608.jpg
    Fran4a_101608.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Fran5_101608.jpg
    Fran5_101608.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Fran2_101608.jpg
    Fran2_101608.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Fran3_101608.jpg
    Fran3_101608.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 11
For black & white printing, the laser will be dramatically less-costly to operate, and the print quality on these is outstanding (I have 3 or 4 of them at the office). If you got it with a reasonably-full toner cartridge, you may never empty it in personal use.

What Spike said. I own and have at work a HP LaserJet 6M and 6MP. They both are over 10 years old and are on the original toner cartridges.

My only issue is getting a USB-parallel adapter - which I just got. Mine will go on the network.

BTW, a NEW toner cartridge, which should last a lifetime in personal use, will cost about as much as two new ink cartridges, which will last maybe a month or three even if you don't print. They clog up.

Back