Pricing assistance needed for used avionics

Pa28-140

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gordon Shumway
:confused: Can anyone point me to a place where I can get information on pricing used avionics that I may need to sell? I keep running into dead ends by doing my usual Google search. I have a friend who is upgrading his panel and would like to sell his existing avionics himself (with my help). The avionics shops won't give him enough to make trade-in an option. All of this equipment will be coming out of a 2003 Cessna 182 and is in good working order. Any help on finding the value would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to find what would be a fair price for everyone. Thanks. :confused:

King KMD550 Color multifunction display with KDR610 XM weather receiver
King KLN94
King KX165a

:confused: Can anyone point me to a place where I can get information on pricing used avionics that I may need to sell? I keep running into dead ends by doing my usual Google search. I have a friend who is upgrading his panel and would like to sell his existing avionics himself (with my help). The avionics shops won't give him enough to make trade-in an option. All of this equipment will be coming out of a 2003 Cessna 182 and is in good working order. Any help on finding the value would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to find what would be a fair price for everyone. Thanks. :confused:

King KMD550 Color multifunction display with KDR610 XM weather receiver
King KLN94
King KX165a

Some realistic prices is if you're looking to actually sell them.

KMD550 ? I was offered one for $300 didn't need it not sure what they're worth
KLN94 $3,000
KX165 $1500

14 or 28 volt? My partners and I are considering upgrading our original ARC radios in our 177. If it's 14, send me a PM with a price request and I can see if they are interested.

14 or 28 volt? My partners and I are considering upgrading our original ARC radios in our 177. If it's 14, send me a PM with a price request and I can see if they are interested.

The airplane is 28v.

Some realistic prices is if you're looking to actually sell them.

KMD550 ? I was offered one for $300 didn't need it not sure what they're worth
KLN94 $3,000
KX165 $1500
Thanks Rusty. Those prices seem realistic, except for the KMD550. Not sure, but I think that with the XM weather that unit was over $10K new. Then again, it is what the market will bear. I appreciate your input.

I'm hunting replacement radios for my original KX170Bs. 14V seems to get a premium. Anyone know of KX155 14V for sale?

Look at past sales on eBay.
KX-165A should go for $1,500

KLN 94 probably $2,500

KMD 550, probably won't sell

I'm hunting replacement radios for my original KX170Bs. 14V seems to get a premium. Anyone know of KX155 14V for sale?

You can get excellent quality and save a lot of money by replacing your KX170B with a McCoy 1700. The problem usually associated with the 170Bs is the tuning mechanism has some kind of wafer that wears out. The Mac1700 is a KX170B that has been converted to a fully digital operation. It also has pre-stored frequency capability, timer, and voice synthesizer. I fly a lot of airplanes and the Mac1700 in mine is the best radio of the bunch. The beauty is that it is a slide-in replacement. No cost to install, just a logbook entry. The downside is that they don't make them anymore, but in the unlikely event it needs service, JAAir and other places will service them. The other downside is that they are hard to find. However, this website shows that they have one: http://www.bennettavionics.com/mac1700-vtx.html

Back