Previously Owned Aircraft--Do you stalk them?

I had not until this thread but now that you bring it up, I just looked up my last airplane and found out that it is being used by a sim company as an SR22 model.. Not just my tail number but the exact paint scheme that I designed. How strange!

Still have the first airplane I bought but I looked up the Cherokee that I got my Certificate in back in 69. Last time I had checked it was in Downers Grove IL and now its in Hurricane WV still flying.

I still check up on our first plane. When I sold it, may 2018, the guy that bought it did not have his PPL yet, so he flew in a CFII. They flew the plane from coast to coast, Ocean City MD to Camarillo CA, and as of this morning the owner still is without his PPL. It's a shame he lets the plane sit. My bride and I flew that plane everywhere and had a blast, it should be flying.

I used to look up planes I’ve rented in the past. But then one of them was in a bad crash, with a severe injury. Then another was in a worse crash that was fatal for someone important to me. After that, it wasn’t fun anymore, to look up the old planes.

Back