Previous FAA letter(s)

cwarren

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CWarren
Around 2008 a 3rd class medical was submitted and the FAA sent a letter requesting more data regarding my Type 2 and High blood pressure medication.

Now 11 years later, I'm at in a place where I can get the PPL training completed.....

Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to find the original letter so I can provide information on the 8500-8, question 16 -- date of last application.

All of my issues are now controlled through diet and exercise, no medications.

So the question is -- how can I get this data so that I can report the previous application?

Thanks!

I’m in the database, but it shows “no medical information available”

Maybe due to it being the first application and they wanted more information?

I’m in the database, but it shows “no medical information available”

Maybe due to it being the first application and they wanted more information?
So you were never issued a medical certificate?

Correct......amazingly my wife just handed me a letter and said “is this what you’re looking for?”

Thanks for your help...

Last edited:
Question - and this is truly something I don't know. If they ask for more information and you don't send it, doesn't that turn into a denial?

At this point, I think you're looking at just submitting a new application. But "ever had a denial" is one question that is asked.

Question - and this is truly something I don't know. If they ask for more information and you don't send it, doesn't that turn into a denial?

At this point, I think you're looking at just submitting a new application. But "ever had a denial" is one question that is asked.
That’s a denial......as it was never issued.

Yep, it was deemed a denial as I didn't follow through, and I have updated the application as such.....see my doc in a couple of weeks and will get a statement (hopefully) that previous Type2/HT are now within normal range.

Yep, it was deemed a denial as I didn't follow through, and I have updated the application as such.....see my doc in a couple of weeks and will get a statement (hopefully) that previous Type2/HT are now within normal range.
Take these with you!

Attachments

• Diabetes(Oral.Worksheet)08.17.17.pdf
    900.1 KB · Views: 150
  • DiabetesCombinations06.28.17.pdf
    27.8 KB · Views: 221
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back