Prepping for the FAA Written

U

Unregistered

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

How close does the FAA Written match the software based prep exams. I've been scoring high 90s on the practice exams and wonder if my actual results will be similar.

Thank you!!!

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

How close does the FAA Written match the software based prep exams. I've been scoring high 90s on the practice exams and wonder if my actual results will be similar.

Thank you!!!

Close enough that you'll likely get within five points of your test score. Go take the test.

yes, I'd expect a 90.
(private pilot exam?)

If you're scoring in the high 90's, you'll do just fine. In fact, I would recommend sitting for the exam at the next earliest opportunity.

Keep in mind that while a perfect or near perfect score on the real test is desirable, it doesn't gain you any additional advantage when it's time for the check ride over someone who scored in the 80's.

Anything over 70 is wasted effort :)

:lol:Thank you. I scored a 71 on my ATP written. All others was in the 90s.

I will admit I didn't study very much for the ATP. I did one of those weekend deals: Written plus check ride in 3 days. Whew.....

I got consistently in the 90s while prepping with the sportys study buddy app as well the ASA software that came with my prep book. I then took the test at the school for a sign-off. Got a 92. Ended up with a 92 on the written. Only 2 questions were slightly different that I noticed. They also give you 5 extra questions that you've never seen before but they won't count.

You will do just fine. If you understand the material you will really do well.

those written test are waste of time given that the question bank is public and that is what the prep software uses. i just took the comm test amd scored a 95, but i still have to make sure i know the material and regs and thus studying hard for the checkride and for my own knowledge as a proficient pilot. in other words scoring high or for that matter passing doesnt mean that you are good to go!

those written test are waste of time given that the question bank is public and that is what the prep software uses. i just took the comm test amd scored a 95, but i still have to make sure i know the material and regs and thus studying hard for the checkride and for my own knowledge as a proficient pilot. in other words scoring high or for that matter passing doesnt mean that you are good to go!

The question banks have not been published for several years. There is probably still a fair amount of overlap, but not 100%. That said, the topics covered haven't changed much.

You only need to get 70 or higher. The real reason to try to miss as few as possible is because you will see your missed questions again on the checkride oral. The DPE gets a copy of your results and what questions you miss. Part of the oral is to verify you learned the material you missed on the written.

Other than that, no one will care, not even you what you got on your written after you get your certification.

The DPE gets a copy of your results and what questions you miss.

Ummmm.... not quite on both points. And it's getting tiresome to correct you. If you don't know the actual correct answer, please refrain from passing on incorrect, partial correct, and misleading information.

The DPE does not obtain that info before you do your exam. You are the one who hands him the proof you passed the written exam.

And he won't know the exact questions you missed.

This statement has me wondering if you've done your written exam yet. If you had, you would be aware that your exam documentation shows you learning statement codes for the questions that were answered incorrectly. Not the actual question.

If you're scoring in the high 90's, you'll do just fine. In fact, I would recommend sitting for the exam at the next earliest opportunity.

Keep in mind that while a perfect or near perfect score on the real test is desirable, it doesn't gain you any additional advantage when it's time for the check ride over someone who scored in the 80's.

I scored a 100, DPE said I study too hard, but made my oral shorter, we were done in less than 10 mins

U

Yep, just subject area codes. And frankly, I've not seen an examiner either have the codes memorized or bother to look them up during a ride.

And further, it is your INSTRUCTOR who has the responsibility to making sure the subject areas you missed are covered before he signs you off (this is a specific item that must be compiled with.

Frankly perhaps the examiner would be mildly impressed by a high score on the written, but he's still obliged to test you. Actually, it's more likely your responses to his questions in the first part of the oral that's going to determine how much further he needs to test you.

Actually, it's more likely your responses to his questions in the first part of the oral that's going to determine how much further he needs to test you.

DPE: "So, how do you spell your last name?"

Airman: "ummm... I need to look that up... Is that in the FAR/AIM or the A/FD?"

Ummmm.... not quite on both points. And it's getting tiresome to correct you. If you don't know the actual correct answer, please refrain from passing on incorrect, partial correct, and misleading information.

The DPE does not obtain that info before you do your exam. You are the one who hands him the proof you passed the written exam.

This statement has me wondering if you've done your written exam yet. If you had, you would be aware that your exam documentation shows you learning statement codes for the questions that were answered incorrectly. Not the actual question.

My DPE asked for my test form to be emailed to him. He looked them up before I had my oral.

Just my 2 cents worth (and actually OVER priced).

I made a 77 and was scoring in the mid 80's on the practice tests.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back