pregnancy

Nothing specific. Biggest concerns (confirmed with Fran, who flew while pregnant) are probably:
  • Increased oxygen requirements.
  • Morning sickness (varies with individual).
  • Increasing limit to aft yoke movement.
  • Eventual risk of going into labor in flight.
  • Decreasing urination interval.
  • Decreasing tolerance to sitting for long periods.
Choose wisely.

FWIW, the squadron flight surgeon told Fran to stop flying by herself at the beginning of the third trimester.

Actually, that's changed now due to Surfak. We want you to fly in the Third trimester, whence we already know we can deliver an otherwise ventilator-free baby (26 weeks) by using this miraculous stuff. Thereafter, they deliver when they deliver.....

I know a woman who up until a few years ago flew CH-60's for the Navy. When she became pregnant, she was allowed to fly until the earlier of 7 months or when her survival suit didn't fit. I don't think she made it to 7 months, but it was at least 6.

I think it depends on which number pregnancy it is. I know from personal experience that kids can make you crazy, and insanity is surely a grounding condition.

Actually, that's changed now due to Surfak. We want you to fly in the Third trimester, whence we already know we can deliver an otherwise ventilator-free baby (26 weeks) by using this miraculous stuff. Thereafter, they deliver when they deliver.....
I don't know what Surfak is or does, but unless it can prevent a woman from going into labor, there's always the chance of that after the beginning of the third trimester, and that's what the flight surgeon's concern was when he told Fran to stop flying without another pilot in the plane.

No. The time to worry about "careless and reckless" is over! :goofy:

Congratulations, by the way!

-Skip
"Children in the front seat cause accidents; accidents in the back seat cause children."

I second the congratulations. May your little one grow up to assume the pleasure of the left seat for him/her self!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back